iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Help Me Please!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Me Please!!
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have spent a little over a year now trying to find someone that has these 2 songs from our favorite decade. I cant find them on Limewire nor WinMX, so I am getting a little desperate. If anyone can help me please let me know!

1) I Wanna Be Rich--I CANT REMEMBER WHO DID THIS ONE

2) Livin In The Lap Of Luxory--Louie Louie (or was it Louis Louis)??

Both were great songs but I cant seem to find them.

BONUS QUESTION: (remember those in HS)? If anyone happens to have the original "Love Is A Contact Sport' by Jellybean. Yes, I know that I can get the Whitney version of it, but JB's is MUCH better. Thanks to anyone that can help this poor soul.

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I Wanna Be Rich, but I don't know for sure who sang it...the best result I came up with is Midnight Star, but I can't find a snippet of it on Amazon (I don't use download sites).

Hope this leads you in the right direction...

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the song, i wanna be rich (i think that's the title) was sung by CALLOWAY. not sure if my spelling is correct though.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats the one! Thanks Ronnie.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no probs, richie. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calloway...as in Cab Calloway? The old guy???

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

couldn't tell ya missie. i just remember the name and that song, which i couldn't stand hehe.
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
No, it wasnt a Cab C. song, but it was good, although OVERPLAYED!! Anyway, I had some luck thanks to Ronnie remembering the name of the group and actually found the first 2 songs that I asked for. I also downloaded the following, I cant believe I forgot about some of these songs but they all started coming to me:

If You Were Mine-The U-Krew
Symptoms Of True Love--Tracie Spencer
Tic-Tac-Toe--Kyper
Bad Of The Heart-George LaMond
2 To Make It Right-Seduction
The Truth-Tami Show

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home