iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80's band shirts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's band shirts
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this has been talked about (probably has though). Do any of you collect or still have a bunch of t-shirts from 80's groups. As for retro shirts actually from the 80's I have a Thompson Twins shirt, and a Kinks and Robert Plant one some guy gave me because he can't fit into them anymore. I have a few current shirts of Duran Duran, Billy Idol and Tears for Fears got from their current tours, but sadly that's all I have. Any of you have a huge collection that hasn't been eaten by moths or anything?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are all metal:
AC-DC
DEF LEPPARD (two)
IRON MAIDEN
JUDAS PRIEST
KISS
MOTLEY CRUE
OZZY
SCORPIONS (three)
W.A.S.P.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually the shirts you buy at concerts are of pretty lousy material especially for the high prices you have to pay for them.

I still have a KISS T-Shirt from their reunion tour.

I also have a Bob Marley and a Ramones T-Shirt i bought at Hot Topic.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have several shirts, bought at concert halls:

Several Pretenders t-shirts.
Tom Petty long-sleeved jersey shirt.
Rolling Stones jersey shirt from their 1981 "Tattoo You" tour.
A Hall & Oates shirt.
A Bruce Springsteen "Born In The USA" 1984 tour shirt.

I don't remember if I bought a Thompson Twins shirt, though! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably shouldnt admit this..but a lot of mine are bootlegs that I bought in concert parking lots.
I met two of the guys from DEF LEPPARD over the weekend and they pointed out that the shirt I was wearing was very obviously a bootleg. I thought "Oh great...they're about to go all Lars Ulrich on me and cry about the $10 I cheated them out of!!!!!"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never got to go to any concerts in the 80's...what a bummer... but I did get my son an REO Speedwagon shirt and an Eddie Money one, and I want him to save them forever. It is really strange to actually get to go see these groups that we liked from the 80's, it's like being back in time, cause it is the first time for me too-to have gone to see them.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have my Iron Maiden Live After Death t-shirt. I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg based on the quality. I found it at a shop downtown for about ten bucks.

And a sleeveless t-shirt from the Ronnie James Dio concert in '84. I used to have one with sleeves also but I think mom threw it out because it was falling apart. I was disappointed that it didn't list my city on the back even tho' he toured here.

I remember people selling shirts for half-price in the parking lot at the Ozzy concert. They weren't bootlegs, rather they had been "liberated" from their vendors inside.

Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got AC/DC.
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting topic. I know I posted about this awhile back but I decided to make my own shirts. Actually, Muffy was my inspiration. She made a really cool Bowie one and The Runaways.
 -

I know there's a website that sells vintage band shirts but it's way expensive. Celebrities buy from it. It's Trunk Ltd. Thank god for Photoshop and Iron-on kits. [Razz]

[ 22. July 2005, 16:30: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Wow..that IS cool! I love both Go-Gos and JOAN JETT.

If yo're willing to sell...................................................................................................................................................

It's funny....when I was a teen shirts were $12 ...............now they are $25...........................!WTF!

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean Mamamia. That Trunk Ltd. site is awesome but they want like $80 or more [Eek!] ! It makes me crazy cause there was one Cars shirt they had and it was awesome. I couldn't justify spending that kind of cash. The shirts I made, I think I got them each for like $7.99 and they're really nice and think and soft. A good tee if you know what I mean. Then I bought the iron-on kit, I think it's made by Hewlett Packard and I was ready to roll. I think I'm going to make some new ones soon. I need to think of ideas. Mamamia, you can totally do it. It's really easy.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Mancini's shirts came out so cool.

EAngel and I both bought Blondie shirts in England.....still different then the ones on your other post. Yeah i've seen the rock shirts everywhere....The Stones, The Beatles....I was tempted to buy a Abbey Road shirt at Target of all places,funny huh? My friends and I were the geeks in highschool when we spent so much time at the rock t-shirt shop downtown back then....funny how we would'nt be the outcasts now. [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reaperfox
Rewind Curious
Member # 4038

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Reaperfox   Author's Homepage   Email Reaperfox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have about 30 Oingo Boingo T shirts. Uhm, yeah *blushes*
Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 Oingo Boingo shirts? Of the same design or different? That is quite impressive.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I am impressed by that collection myself.

I have my first DEVO concert shirt. It's good stuff.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, very sadly, got rid of a lot of mine due to the whole early nineties-the-eighties-is-daggy thing. VERY VERY regretful though. However, happy days that there appears to be a resurgence in the 80's shirt. I even saw SAVE FERRIS shirts the other day. One of my best friends still has her GO-GO/ CHOOSE LIFE shirt from a Wham concert. Very jealous.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home