iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Randy of the Redwoods ! !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Randy of the Redwoods ! !
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, does anyone remember Randy of the Redwoods? He was the hippie with really bushy hair who starred in short segments in between MTV videos.

Like the time he was reading the newspaper out loud, and everything in the article was coming true. A mysterious guy in a trenchcoat walked up behind Randy as he was reading - "The man pulled a gun out of his coat pocket and pulled the... NO, WAIT! That's not what it says! It says, 'The man put the gun away and... and gave Randy a quarter!' That's what it says here! 'And he walked far, far away... TO BERMUDA!' Whoah! Some days it's just safer to stay inside and watch MTV!"

What's your favorite recollection of Randy?

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I remember him...but I can't remember any of the little skits he did-I can picture him getting up close to the camera though and talking in to it. I just remember him wearing a head band and his glasses...I wonder what he looks like now, does anyone know his real name??
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The 1988 MTV collection of the top 25 and 1/2 best videos of the summer. His video was the half one.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim Turner played "Randee of the Redwoods".

He later was on HBO's series "Arli$$" and is now in that current "Bewitched" movie.

For more info, go to:
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0877642/

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randee of the Redwoods is in the Bewitched movie? Now I might actually have a reason to go see it.

[ 12. July 2005, 04:18: Message edited by: J. Chance ]

Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I am mad. I never put his character on Arli$$ to Randy. DUH! It is so obvious now. I think the glasses were almost the same for that matter
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there were more cool people like Randee working for MTV today, it might be watchable!
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home