iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80's Novelty songs: Joe Dolce's Shaddup in yo face.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Novelty songs: Joe Dolce's Shaddup in yo face.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking through the D section of my favorite used vinyl place I found this Joe Dolce record with his hot Shaddup in yo face. Memoriies flooded back as my dad took a liking to the song in the early 80's and came home with the 45 one days. Remember playing it and mys sister and I laughing, a big novelty record that doesn't seem to appear on 80's compilations. Anyone else have memories of this song?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely! If you have a look at Australian charts from the 70's and 80's there were heaps of these kind of songs! It appears that they decided that if they couldn't beat 'em they may as well bamboozle them. I mean 'C'mon Aussie C'mon' is an actual song, as is 'Howzat'. Seriously have a search, you will never believe the songs people listened to! Also have you heard 'Land of Make Believe' by Bucks Fizz? Weird!! But very good.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm struggling to find the words.......

.....but I think "worthless cr*p" may just cover it!

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess the Joe Dolce remix record is out of the question? LOL .
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
What did this guy actually look like anyway? Was there a video?
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there was a video. I seem to remember that it was set so it look like he was seeing live in a entertainment bar/resturant type place with everyone sitting a tables. I also think that he got all the 'audience' to join in with the 'Shuddup in you face'
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
What did this guy actually look like anyway?

Actually, he looked a lot like Noms...... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Is the video funny at all, intentional or not? But I wonder how long it took him to write that lyrical masterpiece, it probably took about um....five minutes when he was in the can?
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'd not say the video was really comedy in anyway, just the guys strong accent coupled with the words of the song. His just standing on stage really..
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we are (unfortunately) on the subject of appalling "comedy" records - does anybody remember this particular musical abomination?

The Firm - "Star Trekkin'"

I was working in a record shop when this first came out, and it just so happened to coincide with the formation of a new band between Paul Rogers from Free/Bad Company, and Led Zep's Jimmy Page, called....The Firm!

Imagine my horror, when I slapped this on the stereo, expecting to be blown away by some soaring, bluesy vocals, and classic Page riffing....only to be met with a hideously unfunny, and utterly unlistenable Star Trek pastiche!!

I had to hammer rusty nails into my eardrums just to ease the pain! [Eek!]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Oh I remember it..... and now it's back there, scratching at the inside of my eye-balls.

Thanks a bunch....... [Mad] [Eek!] [Wink] [Razz]

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
It's sh*te Jim, but not as we know it..... [Wink]
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaaaahhhhhhh they dont make em like they used to....... with lyrics such as "we come in piece...shoot to kill" and there's clingons on the starboard bow...sling em off JIM!" ....its nearly as good as Loadsa Money....loadsa loadsa loadsa....money money money!
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home