iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » BLVD (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BLVD
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember the 80s group B.L.V.D? Were they Canadian? All of their albums are out of print. Do any of you remember the titles of any of their songs or music videos?

[ 28. September 2008, 08:25: Message edited by: BabyLove19781999 ]

Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rememember this group faintly, I think I have(had) a tape of theirs I have to dig up. Maybe some other can-con posters remember. Kev?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co2y3_PqOk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUCZV9Cy2I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc3gFckXWzU

Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a total flashback, hadn't heard Far from over in years, I thought it sounded like Climie Fisher a bit. And I hadn't heard never give up since the late 80's.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't ring a bell. Are they Canadian?
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Canuck to the core.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rip, this is one of the best things Canadian for me:

-

Man I love this stuff. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep Canadian.....Calgary / Vancouver. I don't know much about them, but do remember the songs posted by Babylove. I was more of a Platinum Blonde fan, a Canadian band as well...."It Doesn't Really Matter" is one of my all time favorite 80's songs...really captures the 80's vibe. Riptide....you should really locate that tape...it's probably worth a fortune...ummmm....or not! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked.....hmmmmm....vintage beer bottle....when these were out, I was more into Orange Crush and Cream Soda......sugar highs [Eek!] I do loves beers now though.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
80's Rocked you brought a tear to my eye viewing that vintage stubby. Makes me want to watch some Strange Brew!

Kev, I actually found the tape yesterday, as for the worth, will probably be the same price as a Tim Horton's donut!

Kev, I meant to ask you what was it like growing up in 80's NS? To tell you the truth I watched and taped a lot of 80's movies on ASN (some I still have). The only drawback was there would be crazy edits and censors. They butchered Sixteen Candles and Private School. I watched Switchback on Sundays too.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Hey Rip...I had a great childhood growing up in Nova Scotia. My fondest memories from movies, music, TV, etc, are more reflective of 1979 - 1984. We had one of the movie channels when they first came out...I think it was called First Choice....they played the same movies over and over....and I watched them over and over. Actually, my Dad finally cancelled the channel after we viewed Rocky 3 for the 20th time. Aside from that, we spent a lot of time playing road hockey in my driveway and on a pond when it got cold enough...I remember my brother almost lost his big toe to frost bite because we stayed on the ice for so long. I really loved my childhood, so I try to capture the memories any way I can by collecting movies, music, videos, and other memorabilia...basically, if I had it as a kid...I want it back. I actually still live in the same neighborhood where I grew up. How about you?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Kev, what part of NS did you grow up in? I grew up in Amherst, the bordertown near New Bruswick. I had a great small town upbringing, like yourself I was hockey obsessed. I played, collected the cards, jerseys, pucks, you name it. Anything to do with the Habs, Roy, Gretzky-Lemieux i collected and still do. I used to shoot pucks in my grandparents basement, and you can still see the puck marks all over the concrete. As for 80's stuff, i have recquired most stuff times 10. Still such a blast to find things you forgot about or never knew existed. I just wish I had a bigger place! What is your favorite hockey movie? What team did you root for? What do you think of NS favorite son Sidney Crosby?
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Hey Rip, this is one of the best things Canadian for me:

-

Man I love this stuff. [Big Grin]

I used to pound these and Moosehead... heheee....
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Hey Rip....I grew up, and still live in Stellarton / New Glasgow, about 1.5 hours from Amherst.....I was actually in Amherst a few months back. Yeah, we were hockey nuts too...my parents have a huge paved driveway, and we would literally play road hockey every day....my Dad played as well....there was a garage on one end of the driveway and he built a huge backboard for the other end of the driveway, so we wouldn't have to chase the ball as much. I was a Gretzky fan as a kid in the early 80's (who wasn't), and to this day am still a die hard Oilers fan. Favorite hockey movie is Youngblood. I also remember watching a TV series about hockey as a kid...may have been about the Nordiques or maybe the farm league of the Nordiques....it was kinda like a soap opera....do you remember that one? And very cool that Crosby is from Nova Scotia...hope he continues to do well. We actually have two local boys in the NHL...Colin White (Devils) and Jon Sim (Islanders) - both from right here in New Glasgow...The Stanly Cup was here twice, maybe three times, via the Devils and when the Dallas Stars won the cuo, Jon Sim was playing for them. Are you still in New Brunswick, or have you followed the oil boom? Cheers.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
I used to pound these and Moosehead... heheee....

I only had Moosehead once....way back when I was like 17. I do remember liking it. Then again, it is beer....what's not to love? [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Ahh, got to love the Moosehead, ever drink Alpine or Keith's? Not too shabby. Canadian beer always seems stronger IMO.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never had Alpine or Keith's. Will have to sample some.
 -

We should start a beer thread. [Wink]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boys.......turn a thread about music into a thread about beer?

I'm all about beer........I'll heart me some Guinness........Fat Tire......I've had Moosehead, I thought they don;t make it anymore??......ever had MooseDrool?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, if we´re having a oktoberfest here - count me in!
One crazy beer finn here [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

This is probably the best finnish beer at the moment:

-

It´s Bear beer [Cool]

And about the Boulevard,
I have their second album Into the Street (1990) and it smokes!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That Karhu beer looks scrumptious. What's the alcohol percentage? The Bear design is ace! Is it available on import? I've cut down on brew the past few years, but it goes real well during football season.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karhu III 4,6%
Karhu A 5,3%
Karhu real strong 8%

Here´s interesting site: [Big Grin]

http://www.kbsinstitute.org/beerform.php?id=1103&d=DESC&start=0&order=size

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
ever had MooseDrool?

-

[Big Grin]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha goofball look how close that is to the real label??

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice....and I never even saw it! Will have to try this one.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I love wildlife related products, Kodiak boots, Moosehead, Moosedrool, it's all good.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home