iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » If you had your formal (prom) all over again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you had your formal (prom) all over again
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had your formal (prom) all over again - what are the top songs that you would make sure that they played????
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow night is the Prom for the high school in my town, my neighbor girl is going, and is going to stop and see me when she is all dressed up.

I was thinking it would be a good night to watch Prom Night.

I know for a fact I danced to I Can't Fight this Feeling by REO Speedwagon at my Prom, so it is funny you would ask that question kat27.

I like the music from the 70's alot, and I would have loved to have heard music by the Bee Gees at mine...like: How Deep is Your Love, and If I Can't Have You, and More than a Woman...and Andy Gibb- Everlasting Love and Shadow Dancing. Maybe Olivia Newton-John..singing Deeper than the Night and Magic and Little More Love.
Firefall-Just Remember I love You. Now from the 80's...that 's what was playing at my Prom, but I don't remember which exact songs...but Heart would have been great...These Dreams is awesome.

Now, if I could relive the perfect Prom today, it would be to have the date I really would have had the most fun with....and my Prom would be out of Valley Girl...with all the music playing from Valley Girl-not just Josie Cotton...and to have gone from the start with Randy...and not Tommy. And no doubt it would end at the "Valley" Sheraton!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had the chance to do my end of year formal again, I still wouldn't go.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had the chance for Prom again I would probablly go. I don't know why I was so shy about dancing when I was younger but I didn't go to any high school dances at all. My boyfriend didn't care we just decided to do other things instead. But I am trying to think what songs were popular then...If I could choose a song to dance to it would be Cherish by Kool and the Gang. That was "our" song. Even to this day I still think about him everytime I hear that song.

Also everytime I hear Dr. Feelgood I think of a guy who I was in love with before my boyfriend, who happens to be my best friend now. Now, Now, the only reason I think of him and this song together is because he used to play it in his 1987 Monte Carlo SS, Silver with a good stereo system. Boy could that car rock out!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Stich, I wouldn't go either. I never liked all those "formal" dances where everybody judges you. I stayed home with my girlfriends on prom night watching 80s movies like "Pretty In Pink" (heavily prom themed) and snacked out on terribly unhealthy yet yummy food.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ali... You are alive! Good to see you. Hope all is well.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think i could re-do prom all over again. i felt like one of those make-over cases when i attended my junior year. i was such a tomboy in highschool and then ended up doing the whole "prom" thing...getting my hair, makeup and nails done-it was stressful for me. but i wanted to go, to say that i did and have my pictures taken and everything.
i cannot even remember what songs i actually did dance to, but i know i danced a little.
if i close my eyes and pretend i am back at prom.. i would love to hear bryan adam's "heaven."

[ 25. May 2005, 20:33: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home