iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Songs to go "Cruising" to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Songs to go "Cruising" to
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember cruising around town on Friday nights??

Valley still does it, only he gets to the end of his driveway...like the Grandpa in the Lost Boys, and says that's enough for me, cause by then the neighborhood swarms around his cool car, and they want to go cruising, and he has a panic attack. I think once he gave a guy a ride to the stop sign at the end of his street- [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Anyway...whenever I go pick my son up from school, I channel surf the radio and hope that a cool song is playing, and I usually get some good ones, that make me want to put the pedal to the metal and boogie oogie oogie.

That's how I just bought Even Now-Bob Seger-(it came in the mail today-and is in my jukebox already), I thought it was a great "cruising " song,

and I just heard "Turn up the Radio"..that is a goodie.

What are some others...

Lunatic Fringe is a good one.

Rock On-Michael Damien

Photograph-Def Leppard

Cuts like a Knife- Bryan Adams

I am sure I can think of alot more, I thought since the weather has been so great lately...it is good cruising weather.

I remember when I got my first car, I played my Eagles cassette every night on my way to work..I loved the songs One of These Nights, and Take it to the Limit, and Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Even if you don't go cruising, what are some songs you like to listen to in your car??

[ 14. April 2005, 11:27: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all about cruising in my new car. I love flooring it to the end of the driveway and back. I totally rock....Not! [Big Grin]

Actually, I just purchased an updated version of my favorite car I owned in high school. It is way cooler and way more expensive, but it is a blast to drive. Maybe some of you have missed it lately, but I'm actually all about Fun. [Smile]

As far as cruising music:

"Sweet Emotion" Aerosmith
"Slow Ride" Foghat
"Runnin With The Devil" Van Halen
"Melt With You" Modern English
"Don't Go" Yaz
"The Atomic Dog" George Clinton
"It Takes Two" Rob Base & D J E-Z Rock
"Low Rider" War
"Tuesday Gone" Lynyrd Skynyrd
"No More Words" Berlin
"Jump" Van Halen
"Thunder" AC/DC

Wow that's a lot of trips to the end of the driveway and back! [Wink] [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS..."Now That's Funny" the part about Valleycat driving to the end of the drive-way [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

ISIS your first sentance was "Remember Cruising Around Town On Friday Nights"??....You say remember like it's dead!. I live for cruising the town on Friday Nights especially in the Spring/Summer months [Cool] [Smile] I make Friday Nights my '80s night so that means all i listen to in my car is '80s music. I open the Sunroof(since i don't have a convertable)and cruise--Sometime i'll have my girl & and my bestfriend and his girl and well all hit the town like in Valley Girl. Or sometime i'll ride alone...it's just something about Neon & City Lights at Night! that makes you wanna have a goodtime [Cool]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song Nowhere Fast- is an awesome song to cruise to:

lying in your bed and on a Saturday night
you're sweatin' buckets and it's not even hot
but your brain has got the message
and it's sending it out
to every nerve and every muscle you've got

you've got so many dreams
that you don't know where to put 'em
so you'd better turn a few of 'em loose
your body's got a feeling that it's starting to rust
you'd better rev it up and put it to use

and I don't know how I ever thought that I could make it all alone
when you only make it better
and it better be tonight
and we'll fly away on those angel wings of chrome in your daddy's car
waiting there for you tonight
I'll be there for you tonight

even if you don't have anywhere to go
you go down on the pedal and you're ready to roll
and even if you don't have anywhere to go
and your speed
is all you'll ever need
all you'll ever need to know
darlin', darlin'-

you and me we're goin' nowhere slowly
and we've gotta get away from the past
there's nothin' wrong with goin' nowhere, baby
but we should be goin' nowhere fast

everybody's goin' nowhere slowly
they're only fighting for the chance to be last
it's so much better goin' nowhere fast

Ah...

stalkin' in the shadows by the light of the moon
it's like a prison and the night is a cell
goin' anywhere has gotta be heaven tonight
'cause stayin' here has gotta be hell
dyin' in the city like a fire on the water
let's go runnin' on the back of the wind
there's gotta' be some action on the face of the earth
and I've gotta see your face once again

and I don' know where I ever got the bright idea that I was cool
so alone and independent
but I'm depending on you now
and you'll always be the only thing that I just can't be without
and I'm out for you tonight
I'm comin' out for you tonight

you go down on the pedal and you're ready to roll (ready to roll)
and your speed
is all you'll ever need
all you'll ever need to know
darlin', darlin'-

you and me we're goin' nowhere slowly
and we've gotta get away from the past

everybody's goin' nowhere slowly
they're only fighting for the chance to be last

godspeed
godspeed
godspeed
speed us away

This song...is perfect, the words are perfect for kicking it in to high gear in your car....

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
C.T.- I am glad your still cruising, I know people still do. But, it is kind of hard to cruise around town in a mini van and an 11 year old kid in the back. Ha.

But, actually my other car is kind of sporty , and I cruise to the elementary school...and wave at all the construction workers- [Wink] [Big Grin] and then I come home.

In high school, alot of my friends had awesome cruising cars. I had a friend who had a 66 Corvette Stingray, and even my babysitter(when I was like my sons age) had a 1980 red corvette with the t-tops, and my other friend had a 1969 Mustang that was painted black with a blue stripe down the front-that car was wicked. You know when they say a car is a "chick magnet", well when guys saw us driving around in that car- it was a "dude magnet". I remember I dressed once to match her car, and wore a black spandex leotard thing, with a blue satin jacket over it, and black high heeled boots, and we sat on the hood of the car at the Drive-In/ice cream place the one night, and the whole place became packed with guys. It was so much fun.

But, we would cruise in town in anything. It was fun! Once these guys we knew picked me and my cousin up, and there was nowhere to sit so we sat on their laps, and were in some tiny car, crushed in it, but that was even more fun.

My high school boyfriend and his brother drove an old gray Volvo, and a Maroon Pacer (which looked like a bubble)- and nobody cared, if you had any kind of car you were lucky.

It is Friday night...who's going cruising? Besides Valley to the end of the driveway??

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
On the way to the school today..this is no joke, I Melt with you, and One of these Nights were playing...how cool was that??? We just mentioned them both.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
We just cruised to the Dairy Queen again for something to do, and the 80's were playing on the radio, and they played:

Purple Rain-Prince
No More Words-Berlin
Check it Out-John Cougar Mellencamp
Caught up in You-38 Special

It is cool to have them play the 80's on the weekends.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's your theme song, it is hard to drive 55, and still stay inside the driveway. [Razz]
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now That's Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! your gonna let her talk to you like that and get away with it [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
My "Cruising" Songs:

Whitesnake-"Here I Go Again"

Gary Myrick-"She Talk's In Stereo"

Bryan Adams-"Run To You'

Rick Springfield-"Affair Of The Heart"

Naked Eyes-"Promises Promises"

Talk Talk-"It's My Life"....or "Life's What You Make It"(either song will do)

Romeo Void-"Never Say Never"

ABC-"Be Near Me"

Joe Jackson-"Stepping Out"

Nu Schooz-"I Can't Wait"

Anything By HALL & OATES!

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you stand the rain--New Edition

My high school boyfriend thought that the Bass in that one was awesome.

I can remember driving down Broadway with the windows open on the 82 El Camino and the stereo blastin'.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
We were out yesterday, and I heard a couple more great cruising songs on the radio:

You Dropped a Bomb on Me

and

Little Red Corvette

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda like crusing to a few listed below

The Other Woman- Ray Parker JR.
Fast Times @ Ridgemont High- Sammy
and anything by Duran Duran... Sirius Sattelite #8 is a blessing

Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazy for 80's
Rewind Curious
Member # 4131

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for crazy for 80's   Email crazy for 80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of my crusing songs were already metioned but some others that I think are good are:
People are People and Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
There are many many more, but my all time fav is
She's Got the Look - Roxette

Posts: 4 | From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I was just "cruising"...and some great songs to list on here came on the radio:

Mercedes- Peebles

Boys of Summer-Don Henley

and this song is a great one:

Tom Sawyer- Rush

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home