iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Vh-1 Retrosexual Teen Sex Episode (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Vh-1 Retrosexual Teen Sex Episode
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did any of you see last night's episode? It focused on how different 80's teen movies were from today's movies. The consensus was that things were hotter back then and actually more real. It was pretty awesome!! [Razz]

I felt like someone had raided my video collection and put together a montage about it. They included clips from alot of, what other people might consider obsure, movies such as My Tutor, Where The Boys Are, Spring Break and more. Kelly LeBrock was commenting here and there. It was the coolest! She still looks great.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aww darn i can't believed i missed last nights episode i wonder when it will be reran talk to ou dudes later [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for this re-airing, just go to Vh-1's website and check the schedule for the Teen Sex episode...I'm sure they'll rerun it again a thousand times [Big Grin] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know...I wasn't sure I would want to watch these, but last night I saw the 80's Hotties episode, and everyone was better looking in the 80's, they did put alot of good movies in there. I saw Kelly LeBrock in it, but I didn't think she look anything like she use to, and I would never have even known who Heather Thomas was, and she was drop dead gorgeous. I mean they looked ok...but, Christie Brinkley looks almost exactly the same to me, and she's older than both of them.

Prince hasn't aged very much either.

I think Christopher Atkins still looks pretty good too.

But, just wrap Rick Springfield up for me for Xmas, I still think he looks cute!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I caught this one and the hotties one as well. Pretty good episode!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still tell you that the final episode of "Retrosexual" should've been called "Babes And Hunks". Nobody used the word "Hottie" in the 80s...I don't think it came into usage until the mid-90s.

The episode is good, but when it comes to titling, VH1 is anachronistic to the point of stupidity.

Also, open note to people who experienced the 80s first-hand...It's bad enough when people my age use expressions like "hottie" and "fo' shizzle"...It's even worse when people in their mid-to-late-30s and early-to-mid-40s use the terminology. ACT YOUR AGE! [Wink]

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fo' shizzle
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had used a joke to make a serious point, Sam...

The younger generations are supposed to be learning from the older generations. When the older generations are talking like gangstas, listening to alternative schlock and thinking about going to Burning Man (thanks for that last one, Joe Queenan), it makes them lose a lot of credibility.

Sam, you're 40...Why are you talking like a thug rapper, even in jest?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relax. Age is only a number.

Bling Bling.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
loosen up Flamethower it sounds like you want to burn SAM up with that World War II housewarmer on your back [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
No, I don't want to harm Sam, or anybody for that matter.

It's just that...Well, I know that people believe in the concept of "young at heart", but (and maybe this is the autism at play) I'm stuck in believing that older people are supposed to be...well, mature.

Also, I was told to act mature in my teens. It doesn't make sense that I had to act that way in my worst times but now I've hit my 20s I see the people who told me to act mature being a little too youthful for their own good, and it confuses me.

Sincerely,

HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be hatin' ya'll...cracker please.

When you get to be 40 yourself, perhaps you'll have developed the compassion to say 'it's all good.'

BTW my 17-year-old listens to -- what did you denigrate it as...oh, right, 'alternative schlock' -- and she's quite happy that our music tastes overlap. I don't go to the extreme of her hardcore emo-punk and hit the high school-college kids' club circuit, but we can ride in the car listening to Green Day, Oasis or Cake without incident.

I'm feelin' ya.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

*flashes gang signs to hipstermom showing her my approval*

What it is, fo' shizzle

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
HipsterMom and Sam, can either of you be serious about what I'm trying to say regarding being grown-up or do you think I'm only telling jokes? Forgive the harshness...It's just that I'm trying to be serious.

Sincerely,

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

West Side!!!!
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
My question has been answered. (SIGH)

Sincerely,

HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Straight up trippin:

The day we all have to grow up and be serious 100% of the time is a very sad day indeed.

~Word t' all ya mommas an' peace out!

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Rocksteady is complaining about us using some current slang yet he never says anything about people calling each other goofs in almost every thread. The hypocracy in this place is stifiling.
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
Well, I feel that "goof" is a term that has been around for a long time in various forms ("goofy" being a variant, for example, and being used all the way back in the 30s).

I guess what it is, is that there are some words that will never date ("goof" is one..."cool" is another) while other words have an expiration date (a lot of the 90s and modern slang I see on here).

I don't view it as hypocrisy, but if you do, well, okay then.

Sincerely,

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I was refering to the use of current slang vs. goof in terms as far as seriousness on the boards go not as a timeline issue.
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
I'm actually a thread skimmer for the most part, so I haven't really noticed the uasge of the word "goof". I read very fast.

Sincerely,

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See...nobody even notices us goofs!!!

I find it to be ironic too John, that they can "goof" about the current slang, and say age is a number, and that's all cool, and that's what we were all doing too, but some how we went overboard.

Everything is always ok to be doing it, when your the one doing it.

Funny how those things seem so trivial now.

I guess I am not one for acting my age too well either, because I only see myself around 20-21, and I am 36!!!! UUUUUGGGGGHHHH...and that's no fun. But, that slang stuff, to me makes people sound dumb , cause it is made up mumbo jumbo talking, and not even a part of "any" language.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Fo' Shizzle
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
"My name is B-rad. Not Robbie van Winkle. I like my lattes non-fat and don't fo-get the sprinkle."

It would probably be more accepted here if we were using 'val-speak' from "Valley Girl."

Fer shure.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Like totally
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home