iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » MOTHERS DAY re-visited..never go camping again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MOTHERS DAY re-visited..never go camping again!
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awhile back ISIS (I think) brought up MOTHER'S DAY an old Troma Horror flivk about 3 girls who go camping on their Rat Pack Weekend and get kidnapped by two hillbilly guys who live in the woods with their warped Momma.
I watched it today after not seeing it for 15 years.
YEESSSSSSSSH! What a sick movie!
Right up there with TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and THE HILLS HAVE EYES for crazies in the woods. I WILL NEVER GO CAMPING!
We were talking about DELIVERANCE recently and MOTHER'S DAY is sort of a female version of DELIVERANCE. When they get to the woodsy yokel area theres even kids playing a banjoe in front of a convienience store. YIKES! That right there is a sign you've gon etoo far South!
One girl gets raped making her the Ned Beatty of the group and her friends have to avenge her (making them Burt Reynolds and John Voight!)
Just thought it was strange how similar these two movies were.
Or maybe that's just me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I said about the movie The Last House on the Left. That movie freaked me out. These creeps take 2 girls out in the woods and rape them and then kill them, then their parents go after them. It is freaky.

I started watching Mother's Day- that Mother was freaky just to look at, and I said when they kill the 2 people in the car at the beginning, I didn't think much of it, cause they were planning on doing something bad to her.

But, when the girls are out, just having some bonding time alone together-to get away from what seems to be pretty bad personal lives, and out of nowhere... they jump on them and drag them off in their sleeping bags....I had to stop it. I don't think I can watch it.

I remember movies like that "I spit on your Grave" one, those were all very similiar, and I just can't do that stuff any more. I guess cause before...it scared me, but I never thought about it being real...Now I do.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie: Death Weekend, is a really good movie. Have you ever seen it before, Mamamia?? It has Brenda Vaccaro in it. I think it might have been made in the late 70's. It is more realistic. I like the ending better, but it is scary, no doubt about it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home