iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » "We'll always be together..... together in electric dreams!"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "We'll always be together..... together in electric dreams!"
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How amazing is the song "Together In Electric Dreams?!" Yes its pretty 'cheese filled,' but it brings so many great memories I just had to mention it on the rewind.

Just recently I had found an old mix-tape of mine at the back of my bedroom cubbie, and this particular song was first to be on. I just remember helping mum out in the kitchen when I was 6 or so, singing away as we dished up dinner. Although we listened to it so much it never lost any charm. I just come over all nostalgic whenever I hear it!

Does anyone else like it?! I had actually forgotten about the song - mainly because I hadn't heard it since I was young. I also need to watch the movie again too!

Don't we all just love having something you haven't seen or heard for a long period of time?!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil Oakey sang on that song. He's from THE HUMAN LEAGUE! He's an awesome singer and the Human League are still at it. Check out their last CD, SECRETS. It's their best stuff IMO. No progression or modern influences, just great 80's style synthpop!!
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy...thats you and me both....Im not sure the English public is ready for us wailing tunelessly at them in May!!!....but, as doc brown would say.......What the hell!!!!....England is getting it with both barrels, from the E'angel and the Muffster.

ps I LOVE this song too.....its one of my 80's faves

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"what the hell!!!!" I love it!
E'angel and the Muffster are so gonna be breaking glass and driving people away in May I can't even wait! [Wink] !!

"like you were walking onto a yacht....... [Big Grin] "

I wanna hear more about this movie.......anyone????

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A computer falling in love with Virgina Madson right?
Falling in love with Virginia Madsen would not be hard at all. She was a mega babe back then and she's still gorgeous NOW!!
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more interested in the fact that Muffy and Angel are coming over the pond in May! What you going to be doing?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy is coming over to stay with me for ten days in May...and we will be singing, giggling and sight seeing...with a side order of dancing. Why dont you come and meet us in London when I take her there???
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am!!!!!!! and I don't think I could be more excited.

woooooooo hoooooo!

Eangel is one of the coolest girls. We will so be those crazy ladies talking about how great the 80's were and singing very loudly....who's up for joining us right?.. [Big Grin] If you like the cheese and don't get embarassed to easily...... [Wink]

All because of the Rewind and Paul is this possible right so we at least owe him a pint right?! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home