iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Song Remade, Who Did it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Song Remade, Who Did it?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lyrics go

Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year, its not confidential..."

Someone has remade this song but I have never caught who. They also have another song out right now. They totally have an 80's feel to them. I would like to get their CD if I could find out who they are.

Can anyone help with this?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's by The Killers. Didn't know it was a remake though?

Anyway, great band - and their earlier single "Mr Brightside" is even better.

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

If it was a remake, I'm sure someone would be able to prove it. In 2005, it's too easy. I'm going to go with, "It's original". Sometimes it seems too good to be true, that someone could come up with something that sounds so good right off the bat. But no one claimed that Hungry like the Wolf was a remake in 82 did they?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im looking at the cd liner notes. THE KILLERS wrote this song...so its not a remake.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot Fuss is a totally wicked album....I played it to death when I got it, and I'm still not sick of it...I highly recommend it.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'mr. brightside' is way better than 'somebody told me' (IMO), 'smile like you mean it' is another good one from that cd. the killers-hot fuss is awesome jess, snag a copy asap.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I posted about them like a year ago...So good. Finally, we got some decent music! If I hear "Candy Shop" one more time I might go berserk [Mad] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A M E N!!!!!! Cindy

I'm so SICK of "Candy Shop" too...And Beside 50 Cents album is WACK!!!!!!. THE GAME album was better.

"Give It To Me Baby"

"Nice & Slow"

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wanna say anyone who doesnt have HOT FUSS yet should get it. It sounds a lot like 80s THE CURE, THAE SMITHS and THE PSYCHADELIC FURS.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Yep, I posted about them like a year ago...So good. Finally, we got some decent music! If I hear "Candy Shop" one more time I might go berserk [Mad] !

I totally agree. I HATE hip/hop, r 'n' b rubbish. I saw "the Killers" on December 20th of this year. It was one of the best concerts I've been to. They are an awesome band with a great 80's/cure type feel. Plus, the lead singer is quite asthetically pleasing as well.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be that someone at is just reviving some old songs. I mean I hear it on the radio all of the time lately, mainstream pop rock stations. At least I know who sings it now. Does anyone know what album that song is on?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
THE KILLERS : HOT FUSS
By the way, my websites year-end award for BEST ALBUM of the year went to HOT FUSS.

LIVING IN THE PAST
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6spdi/index.html

Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlp937-Sunflower Goddess:
Could it be that someone at is just reviving some old songs. I mean I hear it on the radio all of the time lately, mainstream pop rock stations. At least I know who sings it now. Does anyone know what album that song is on?

No....This is NEW material. Written recently, BY the killers, FOR the killers. I know originality is rare but not completely obsolete. The Hot Fuss album is all new.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home