iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » The Donnas-Dancing With Myself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Donnas-Dancing With Myself
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted before about The Donnas and how I think they're a pretty fun band. They have a great style, with lots of 80's influence, and some damn catchy tunes [Cool] . Anyways, I was searching for songs and came across them doing a cover of Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself." I love it! Have any of you heard it? If not, download it and let me know what you think. I'd be curious to hear your opinions.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy I'm a huge Donnas fan. My favorite song is actually "Outta My Mind". Totally Awesome.

Unlike like Devo, I can dig a cover song or two from an established group like the Donnas. I'd rather not dance with my self all night, so let's have a Dance Party instead. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Donnas cover is Motley Crues "Too Fast For Love"
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think of The Donnas I think of Cindy..... [Smile]

These girls rock. "Dancing with Myself" was from Mean Girls. I like it.......but love the original too much.

I love to death their cover of REO's "Keep on Loving You" they did for Drive Me Crazy though........."all coiled up and hissing" <<<< that was me singing [Big Grin] [Razz]

Did you guys catch them on any of the VH1's-I love the 80's???? they even have the rock girl 80's look going on.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if things don't work out between me and kate winslet, i will marry one of the donnas. not sure which one; i'll let them fight it out amongst themselves. I'm not picky [Razz]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hey Valley, not every cover. Some are just made without consent, or at least I hope they were, because otherwise there is no excuse. No?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, I'm so excited that there's some Donna's fans on here! I just got their new cd and I love the song "Revolver."

As for their covers, man, they've done alot of good ones. Sam, you're right on with the "Too Fast For Love" and Muffy "Keep on Lovin' You" has such a nonchalant attitude to it, it's awesome [Big Grin] .

They also did "Livin' After Midnight" and that's pretty cool. I actually had tickets to see them back in November but I got sick and couldn't go. Totally sucked! I'm still upset about it...It was like first we got shafted with the Private School DVD and then I missed The Donnas concert...I don't even want to talk about it! Valley, I know must feel my pain [Wink] !

-

I like Mya's little tribute to Nikki Sixx, with the black line under her eye, in this picture...

[ 11. March 2005, 22:38: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Love The Donnas....Take It Off
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they did a rockin' cover of "Strutter" by Kiss! Now that's wicked awesome.

"I know a thing or two about her, I know she'll only make you cry..."

[ 12. March 2005, 11:05: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Donnas are..A Bad A** Chick Band who keeps it real by not being scared to go ol'school and use "PUNK" in there music [Cool]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh yeah - I LOVE The Donna's!

Great rockin' band.........and quite frankly in need of a right good sh*ggin'!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Oh my God! I'm so excited! I'm going to see the Donnas in 2 weeks [Razz] . We got front row tickets to see them and Maroon 5! Yay!! I'm going to be rocking out to "Take It Off" and "40 Boys!"

"Spending every night in a different state, spending every night with a different date."

Hahaha [Cool] !

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Cindy! Tip....don't ask them to sing Goonies like you did Cindy Lauper! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Oh my God! I'm so excited! I'm going to see the Donnas in 2 weeks [Razz] . We got front row tickets to see them and Maroon 5! Yay!! I'm going to be rocking out to "Take It Off" and "40 Boys!"

"Spending every night in a different state, spending every night with a different date."

Hahaha [Cool] !

You wouldn't by chance be seeing them at the Bryce Jordan Center at State College?
I would go except I do not like Maroon 5. If Maroon 5 opened for The Donnas instead of the other way around I might have gone. The Donnas should not be an opening act!

Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Oh, come on Valley...dazzle me with your killer vocal stylings [Big Grin] ! I mean after the Goonies R Good Enough, everything else is a piece of cake..lol.

Hey Pixies, no I'm not seeing them in PA. I've been to the Bryce Jordan Center before and didn't really like it. As for your comment about The Donnas, yeah, I agree, I would prefer them as the headliner, but at this point, I'll take what I can get [Razz] ! What's your favorite song of theirs?

Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
Probably Take It Off. From their earlier stuff, I like SkinTight, Gimme A Ride, Hot Boxin' and You Don't Wanna Call. Their covers of Too Fast For Love and Livin' After Midnight are pretty good too. Their sound really came together off "Spend The Night". I pretty much like the whole CD. The same goes for Gold Medal especially I Don't Want To Know (If You Don't Want Me).
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for bringing up an old topic, but I didn't know The Donnas were an 80s group. It must've slipped by me. [Wink]

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Consider yourself lucky...I could've been more nasty. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home