iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Tired of Towin the Line-1980

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tired of Towin the Line-1980
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who sings this song?? My mom loves it, we use to have it on a 45 record, and I have it on the new CD my friend made me, but I don't have the title or the artist name. I like this song alot too, I wanna try finding it again on a 45 record.

Help????

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky Burnette
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh baby I'm... Tired of toein' the line
Don't know why you want to jump on me
Baby, baby baby, you makin' me cry
I know it's over but I see the signs
Don't let me waste your precious time

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A long time ago, I was going to get this song on CD, I know the exact CD it was on, but I didn't buy it for the one song though. Good Choice Isis, I haven't thought about that song in a while.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a tape in 1986 called "Number One hits of the 80's". It featured "Tired of toe'in the line", "Should have known better" by Jim Diamond, "Physical" by Olivia, "Addicted to love", and many others.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the album it was originally from, Rocky Burnette's "The Son Of Rock & Roll".

Rocky's father and relatives were one of the early 50's rock pioneers.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the lyrics to the song:

"Tired of Toein' the Line"
by Rocky Burnette

Baby I'm tired of toein' the line.
Don't know why you wanna jump me.
Baby, baby, baby, it's makin' me cry.

Baby I
I'm gonna find myself someone new.
Someone who will be true.
I'm no more toein' the line.

I know it's over, but I see the signs.
Don't let me waste your precious time.

Baby, I'm tired of toein' the line.
If you want to get rid of me
Baby, baby, baby, you're doin' fine.

Baby, I'm tired of toein' the line.
I'm gonna put on my walkin' shoes
and leave you far behind.

You're rollin' over and over so divine.
But you can't fix this broken heart of mine.

Rpt. Chorus 2x

(7x)
Baby I'm tired of toein' the line

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My mother thanks you Steven for the lyrics, there was one line she didn't know...

It was the:

You're rollin' over and over so divine...

We were thinking he was saying something about your getting older and older...hehehe.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home