iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Top 80 Of The '80s(your choices wanted)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 80 Of The '80s(your choices wanted)
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching an tape this morning of some '80s videos i had recored a few years ago. And on this tape is a show of some sorts called... Vh1's(Top 80 Of The '80s). It is VH1's choices/picks of what they thought was the Top 80 songs of The '80s . So that had me thinking....I wonder if any of the Rewind Fam. would be able to guess what Videos made the cut. And also get some feedback, on what are some of you guys choices/picks of the Top 80 Of The '80s . Here are a couple of songs that made the list:

"She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby & "Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer (yuck) [Roll Eyes]

(you)Guess Who Else Made The List????????

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing......

"Prince Charming" - Adam And The Ants
"Turn Back Time" - Cher
"Dead Ringer For Love" - Meatloaf
"Bad Boys" - Duran Duran

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW

I was saying YUCK to M.C. Hammer's song not Thomas Dolby's...I like his song [Smile]

Hey M.G.P.(meaning ModGod Paul) I did see a couple of videos for the songs you listed.

Cher & Adam & The Ants...I'm not sure about the other two.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't possibly be Thriller at the top of that list, eh?

Starship - We Built This City
A Ha - Take On Me

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starship's "we Built This City" was voted worst song by Blender magazine. Don't know if I'd say it's the absolute worst but it is very cringeworthy and deserved to get serious consideration for the worst ever.

let's see as far as the list goes

I'm Guessing

Modern English-"Melt With You"
Duran Duran-"Hungry Like The wolf"
Joan Jett-"I Love Rock N Roll"

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Brode....Of course THRILLER made the cut.

A-Ha's video for "Take On Me" was on there. I did'nt see Starship's "We Built This City but i like that song.

Sam what can i say...All three song you listed made the list of Top 80 Of The '80s. Damn! your good [Big Grin]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Wake me up before you go-go - Wham
Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
Don't you want me - The Human League
Karma Chameleon - Culture Club

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the going gets tough - Billy Ocean
Walk like an Egyptian - The Bangles
Addicted to love - Robert Palmer
The reflex - Duran Duran

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghostbusters theme!
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about:

Broken Wings-Mr. Mister
You're The Inspiration-Chicago
Money For Nothing-Dire Straits
1999-Prince
When Doves Cry-Prince

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
DeVo...All the song you listed made the list

Same goes for Stitch all the songs you listed made the VH1 list

Brode...of course GhostBusters was on there

Richie i did'nt see the videos for Chicago & Prince 1999...But all the other you listed was on the list

[Cool] [Smile] [Smile] [Cool]

deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There must be some Madonna on the list...
what about "Material Girl" or "Open your Heart"?

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Yes deathbystereo...Madonna's "Material Girl" without a doubt [Wink]
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael got several for sure. I think Billie Jean might have been number 1. Beat It was pretty high up too, and I think We Are the World jsut snuck in. If I remember correctly, Don't You Forget About Me and Video Kiled the Radio Star were back to back about halfway through.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Yes...... so i take it you have seen this program too [Smile]

Can anybody else guess what songs were the Top 80 Of The '80s???????????

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home