iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Gene Simmons on AMA Awards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gene Simmons on AMA Awards
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yuck, Gene Simmons is presenting favorite Alternative artist with Jenny McCarthy and he looks like death warmed over. His hair looks like the hair on those troll dolls that you used to put on the end of your pencil and then twirl around and make it stand all out. He sure does look funny!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, after all these years of putting kabuki-style makeup during those tours with his band KISS, I guess those facial looks is going to be affected sooner or later! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah yes Jenny McCarthy...that musical genius....
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anybody catch Anna Nicole Smith on the awards? I swear she was drunk.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even know it was on, but on the radio this morning, they were talking about it.

They played a tape of her words, and she was talking like she was drunk or on something. She is a complete and total mess. I couldn't believe on the radio the DJs, are laughing about her, and saying she had to be cut off, because she made no sense at all, and they said Jimmy Kimmel was saying things, like...so and so just had sex with Anna Nicole back stage, I can't believe people talk like that on t.v, and then talk like that on the radio.

I am getting behind the wheel of my morality bus, but tough...because it just bothers me, that I as a parent, do not have any control over what people say around my child. I mean I had no clue that's what they were going to say, I was alone on the way home from taking my son to school, but 2 seconds before that, he was in the car with me.

They were saying that Diana Ross was pretty much a mess, and couldn't read her cue cards.
That stuff just bums me out, because these people were class acts when they were in their prime as a singer.

I always think about how if you look at the progression of music, and you hear songs from the past, and listen to the words.. you think..how can things that were "about something" or about "LOVE"...how could that progress in to what we have now, which is nothing but people screaming, and swearing, and talking disgusting, and talking about how depressed they are, it is not comforting stuff at all. I totally feel it reflects the way life is now.

This past weekend, I had no Rewind Saturday night, I was at my mom's, and we were looking through a million channels to find something to watch...I always end up watching The Food Channel- Rachel Wray is like one of the most upbeat people I have seen in like forever on tv, and she's always happy, and I like seeing people like that.

We ended up watching The Terminator 3, because there was NOTHING on t.v. , I have seen nothing but more previews for more and more Reality Shows-I just thought that would end at some point, and it is a mess. It is crazy.

Jenny McCarthy is a total scuz. I can't believe the Candies shoe ads, with her sitting on the toilet, why on earth would that sell shoes?? Whatever.

I am glad I didn't see the Award Shows, they are a bunch of drunken losers falling around on stage any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah they totally made fun of her throughout the entire show. I couldn't even understand the name of the guy that she was introducing, I eventually got that it was Kanye West. Don't even know who that is. I think that he is the guy that did The Workout song on stage. It was kind of 80s a little bit, with their outfits and the way that the song sounded at times. There were a whole bunch of people on that show that I had no idea about at all!!

I wish they would show reruns of awards shows from the 80s. That would be so cool. I would tune in. I would love to see the fashions and see musicians in their prime playing their great hits.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home