iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » This song is driving me nuts... Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This song is driving me nuts... Help!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a song called "Fire" on a cd by English singer Des'ree. It's a duet with Babyface. From the first time I heard it, I was convinced I had heard it before, and my mind keeps telling me that it's a Springsteen song. I asked my friend Brian, who has a best of Springsteen album, but he didn't know it.

Can anyone help?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a remake of a Springsteen song that is maybe called something else but Fire is a predominant word in it. Like Home something maybe???? I may be way off here I don't even know if this will help at all.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the Springsteen lyrics, is this the song?

I'm driving in my car
I turn on the radio

I'm pulling you close
you just say no.
You say you don't like it
but girl
I know you're a liar

'Cause when we kiss - Fire!

Late at night I'm taking you home

When I say I wanna stay
you say you wanna be alone.
You say you don't love me
girl
you can't hide your desire

And when we kiss - Fire! Fire!

You had a hold on me right from the start

There's a grirl so tight
I couldn't tear it apart.
My nerves all jumping
acting like a fool

Your kisses they burn but your heart stays cool.

Romeo and Juliet
Samson and Delilah

Baby
you can bet their love they didn't deny.
Your words say split
but your words they lie

'Cause when we kiss - Fire! Fire!
Burning in my soul
it's out of control!
it's out of control!

Btw, this is an Earth Angel Favorite as well. [Razz]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the one!!! So it IS a Springsteen song. Man, I feel vindicated.

Thanks guys, you've saved my brain

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
didnt poinetr sisters of sister sledge do a version as well?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pointer sisters did do a remake of it. Their version was a bigger hit than The Boss' original version.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home