iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Music featured in "Hunter" episodes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music featured in "Hunter" episodes
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone any idea on these tracks? I'm not sure if they're the original songs used when broadcast or added for the DVD releases. Possibly unreleased studio tracks made for the show?

Season 1 Ep 18: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlga23fkY0M

Season 1 Ep 13: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSZ9Lzylog

Season 1 Ep 10: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVv8GGJlaRM

Season 1 Ep 15: www.youtube.com/watch?v=klikSegPgj4

Season 1 Ep 12: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-PEArwp5GQ

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Several early episodes featured montages set to popular songs from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s,
in a style not unlike the way Miami Vice used music." (Wikipedia)

These are not songs that sound like they were made in 1984 or earlier and i read somewhere
that the company which released the season 1-3 sets didn´t get the rights to use the original tunes
so they used these awful tracks instead.
This show looks great (never seen it before) but the dvd´s are completely ruined.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, i kinda like the first 2 songs but the other three sound awful [Cool]
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the show as a kid but couldn't remember a single ep.

The DVDs are definitley not ruined, I loved the songs used in "Fire Man", "Snow Queen" and a bunch of others. The fact that I coudln't remember the originals anyway means that it makes no difference to me (unlike shows like The Wonder Years where I would notice).

You can pickup the full season 1-7 set pretty cheap these days too.

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I see your point but this is crazy and unacceptable thing that the companies do
and never tell the customers that they have changed/altered the soundtrack.

I don´t want to hear 90s sounding grunge tunes when i´m watching a tv-series made in 1984.

noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
The alternative would be either :

a) A boxset that sold for around $200 (Hunter is not that popular to generate enough sales to cover the licencing).

b) No boxset at all just like The Wonder Years. Whereby you'd have to either cap your own eps or rely on others to do a decent job. .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home