iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » The Psychedelic Furs announce more US dates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Psychedelic Furs announce more US dates
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

For anyone local to these venues, I can't stress enough how much you should try to get to one of these gigs. The Furs are awesome live, and it'll really take you right back to the old days!

The last three dates have just been added to the tour, so catch them if you can. I saw the band in Houston back in April, and was fortunate enough to go backstage afterwards and meet them.

(TTT) = Talk Talk Talk show, where the first set is the Furs playing their iconic 1981 album in it's entirety, and the second set is a mixture of other material. Talk Talk Talk is, of course, the album featuring the track that went on to inspire John Hughes to create the movie we all love, Pretty In Pink. Where gigs are NOT marked as TTT, there will be a support act.

June 25 NEW ORLEANS, LA • HOUSE OF BLUES • (TTT)

June 27 BATON ROUGE, LA • MANSHIP THEATRE • (TTT)

June 28 PENSACOLA, FL • VINYL MUSIC HALL• (TTT)

June 30 ORLANDO, FL • HARD ROCK HOTEL •

July 1 FORT LAUDERDALE, FL • CULTURE ROOM • (TTT)

July 2 CLEARWATER, FL • CAPITOL THEATER • (TTT)

July 3 JACKSONVILLE, FL • FREEBIRD LIVE • (TTT)

July 6 ATLANTA, GA • THE MASQUERADE • (TTT)

July 7 NASHVILLE, TN • CANNERY BALLROOM • (TTT)

July 8 ASHEVILLE, NC • THE ORANGE PEEL • (TTT)

July 9 CARRBORO, NC • CATS CRADLE • (TTT)

July 11 NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC • HOUSE OF BLUES • (TTT)

July 12 KNOXVILLE, TN • BIJOU THEATER • (TTT)

July 15 SYRACUSE, NY • WESTCOTT THEATER • (TTT)

August 6 SOUTHAMPTON, NY • ESCAPE TO NY •

September 14 SARATOGA, CA • MOUNTAIN WINERY • (with Tom Tom Club)

Tickets for all dates can be got from the band website, http://www.thepsychedelicfurs.com

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul.. I'll be seeing The Furs in July! Already got my tickets! [Cool]

But can you call them to get me a backstage pass too? ha

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno if I can do that - but which show are you going to? Your profile doesn't really help me on that score!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home