iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Best 80s duets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best 80s duets
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you guys think are the best 80s duets?

I´m going to start with a rockin´ Fiona / Kip Winger tune from 1989.
This is from Fiona´s third, "Heart Like A Gun" album.

Fiona - Everything You Do (You're Sexing Me) [Duet with Kip Winger]

-
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the idea Atomik!!

I really need some new music [Smile]

How about.......

"Sisters are doing it for themselves"
Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox!!!

- (play)

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the very best duets ever--"Don't Give Up," Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.

Don't Give Up--First Version

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peter Cetera and Amy Grant - The Next Time I Fall:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=peter+cetera+next+time+i+fall

Peter Cetera and Cher - After All:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm4O_LdSpAo

Ozzy and Lita Ford - When I Close My Eyes Forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loyTCkV06xQ

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cliches...

'Islands in the Stream'
'Up Where we Belong'
'I've Had the Time of My Life'

My personal fave...

'Guilty'

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love "Baby Come To Me". Back in the day, I was a big General Hospital fan (please don't tell anyone...my mother made me watch it). This song was featured prominantly when Holly and Robert were apart (don't remember the details....thinking one or the other thought the other was dead). Anyhoo...any time they almost crossed paths...this song played...ahhh the memories. They did the exact same thing with Luke and Laura using "Think Of Laura" by Christopher Cross!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good tunes guys!

Here´s a nice Kenny Loggins / Steve Perry song
from the 1982 "High Adventure" album.

Kenny Loggins and STEVE PERRY - Don't Fight It

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
One of the very best duets ever--"Don't Give Up," Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.

Don't Give Up--First Version

this right here. and i'm not a real big peter gabriel fan. kate rules though.

i'll contribute the david bowie/queen song "under pressure". i think that qualifies as a duet.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kate Bush does rule! Here's the second best version of "Don't Give Up," Peter Gabriel and Paula Cole.
Don't Give Up Live

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anybody au fait with the INXS-Jimmy Barnes duet "Good Times."?

Which, it goes without saying, is from the soundtrack to a Rewind favourite, The Lost Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YlviwvrxQ

[ 12. March 2011, 02:09: Message edited by: Lovers with Cassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I love INXS and Jimmy Barnes. Chisel is from my home town so maybe my opinion is slightly biased. Nah, they deserve all the praise they get. A very tight band filled with very talented musicians.

INXS was so great back in the day. Expecially the album 'The Swing', but I only listen to their original stuff with Hutchence. None of this J.D. Fortune garabge, who I refer to as D.J.Bankrupt. I still remember were I was when I heard about Hutchences demise. It was so sad, but they played INXS all night which was good, but obviously didn't compensate for our loss. Not even close.

Cold Chisel is one of the coolest bands ever. Formed in Elizabeth, (one of the shadiest areas in Adeliade) and probably the only good thing to ever come out of there too. They truely are such great band and Barnesy's voice back in the early 80's is probably the best rock voice I have ever heard. I saw an early 80's concert of Chisel's back on TV a few years ago, and Barnesy's voice literally sent shivers up my spine - yes literally.

I remember listening to Chisel's East album over and over and over as a kid.

Good Times is a great song, especially at a house party. The Lost Boys is great too, and glad that some Aussie boys made it onto the soundtrack.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

80's Rocked-I couldn't agree more! I had this as a cassette single back in the day.

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought bruce springsteen and stevie wonder did good on the we are the world song, all though at most it was a minute long sounded good though
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home