iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Me Singing? You bet your bottom dollar!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Me Singing? You bet your bottom dollar!
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might not have used that phrase right . . . In fact, I'm sure I didn't.

Anyway, not 80's related unless you consider that it's me, a member of an 80's message board, but I didn't want to post it on the 70's board because I really, really don't know what's going on there a lot of the time and my knowledge of the 70's is pretty much limited to Carole King and long hair.

So this is me singing Way Over Yonder (It's not my best and the audio isn't that good, but what are you gonna do?):

http://www.members.tripod.com/obscuruslupa0/wayoveryonder.wav

(Edited to tell those of you reading this for the first time that this link doesn't work--Try the one a few postings down this thread.)

[ 14. November 2004, 09:06: Message edited by: Obscurus Lupa ]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooooooo sweet!

I think you've just made a lot of 'professional' singers look very very bad indeed! That was great!

Look at you, sitting there at the back of the classroom pretending to read while they call out the names for the new school musical. All this time you never said you had a voice! Who'd a thunk it?

You've got my vote! (Even though this situation doesn't require voting in any way, you've still got my vote!)

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to open it up and it told me that the page wasn't available. I will check it again later. It sounds as it it may be pretty funny.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lupa.........it won't open for me either....i'll keep checking.....I so wanna hear it! [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my user account got terminated in one night. O.o I guess it's because my member information wasn't correct--I really didn't want to give them my real address, zip code, and phone number. (insert eyeroll here)

So I made a new one.

www.angelfire.com/falcon/obscurus_lupa/wayoveryonder.wav

And by the way, thanks, logan! [Big Grin] That means a lot to me.

Speaking of school musicals, though, I'm gonna try out for Brigadoon--That is, after I've tried out for Anne of Green Gables. [Big Grin] I'm not saying I'll get a part, but I think having my hair dyed red helps my chances.

[ 14. November 2004, 08:59: Message edited by: Obscurus Lupa ]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's just my computer, but this link still doesn't work for me... [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Well, I'll just keep coming back to this thread until one fine day I can hear you singing, Lupa! [Smile]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Deathbystereo, you haven't died on us! [Smile]

The angelfire link works for me, anyway. o.O Have you tried right clicking and save as?

You might need RealPlayer to play the file. Well, something that'll play .wav format.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
after I've tried out for Anne of Green Gables
You'll get to tread the boards with the hunkiest guy in school (the one you've had a crush on for years) and the two of you will (after some initial friction) become deeply smitten!

You'll end up a real life Anne, and he'll be your real life Gilbert! I can see it all now... [Roll Eyes]

Unless you end up in Brigadoon [Confused]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home