iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Don't Stand So Close to Me-The Police

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't Stand So Close to Me-The Police
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought this song on a 45 record for in my jukebox. (I can't believe I didn't have it).

I love the video. Sting looks just like a guy I had a crush on. He was 6 years older than me. When your 12 and he's 18- that's a huge difference. I had a crush on him since kindergarten....he was friends with our family until I was 18...by then he was off in med. school. I remember writing his name in our yard with the lawn mower.

Did anyone have a crush on a teacher? My brother loved the student teacher that he had when he was in kindergarten.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated the Police as a kid. Disliked them as a teen, thought they were ok in my early 20's now I think they rock..

Weird..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the police are one of the greatest bands ever.

i never had a crush on any teachers, but i had two hot high school teachers and one teacher in college who was easy on the eyes.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
the police are one of the greatest bands ever.

i never had a crush on any teachers, but i had two hot high school teachers and one teacher in college who was easy on the eyes.

My science teacher was our only hottie and she had a crush on me.. No bull. She once wanted to show us the Heimlich and asked for a volunteer. 40 hands went up. She picked me and boy she didn't let me go for like tem minutes. I had such a stiffy.. [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked the Police, I was thrilled to see them for their reunion concerts. Every time I see the current Sting whose recent music career I am not too fond of, I watch the video for Synchronicity 2, he looks so freakin cool and demeted in that.

I never really had much of a crush on any teacher. I had some good teachers, but they sure didn't look like anyone in the Hot for Teacher video.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an English teacher that I sort of had a crush on. He was married...and way too old for me, but I always thought he was so nice. He was my all time favorite teacher. I actually introduced him to my Aunt, because he and his wife were both animal rights advocates...he use to write letters in the school paper about how hunting was cruel and inhumane and I just thought he was like the coolest for not caring what anybody else thought.

My friend that I just reunited with from high school told me that he looked up my B & B website, and saw my artwork on it, and he told me our art teacher would be very proud of me. I always thought our art teacher was so mean. He actually saw me once after high school and he said he was literally hard on me on purpose, because he thought I had way more potiential than I gave myself credit for, and he thought that he would push me harder...well he did...but it always embarrassed me. I was always too busy worrying about my social life, and when I had to watch films on famous artists-I thought it was so boring, I was always writing notes to my boyfriend in class, and he would catch me...and then he'd ask me questions about the film, that I had no clue what the answer was. So, I never liked him. I still managed to always get an A in art class. He wanted me to go to school to be an art teacher- I thought about it.

One of my ex-boyfriends is a science teacher and he's the head volleyball coach at my old high school...the girls all think he's adorable. He turned out to be a great teacher. My mom and my brother always kept in touch with him. Alot of kids from my graduating class became teachers.

Alot of my friends are teachers.

[ 10. December 2008, 20:44: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have loved the police especially love their song message in a bottle, and walking on the moon is my very favorite i did see sting in concert he was great but i would have loved to see the whole band when they were here? i heard they were excellent? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home