iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » AC/DC in concert (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: AC/DC in concert
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just called for tickets...we decided we'd go...and they are sold out. I called cindymancini and she said they sold out in 20 minutes. Bummer. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I am shocked at the popularity of them.

I had no problem getting Van Halen tickets...I thought they would be harder to get tickets for than AC/DC.

Go figure.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think AC/DC has pretty broad appeal. A lot of people who aren't neccessarily fans of hard rock seem to like AC/DC plus I know a lot of younger people who weren't around for their heyday seem to like them too. To me they seem to be the most common of any band; by that I mean is that they just seem to be average people. The kind of guys I'd bump into at the grocery store or at my favourite watering hole.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can only speak for myself but the reason I didnt rush out and buy VAN HALEN tickets was I was scared they'd have a fight and call off all the shows! Didnt that happen awhile back? Eddie and Dave had a fight and called off a tour? It's just like GUNS N ROSES.....these guys have one snit within the band and the whole tour gets called off! (I sorta thought THE POLICE might have something similar happen too.)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACDC Live has just been announced as a Rock Band Track Pack.

This is a must for me and I cannot wait until its released on 02 Nov.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia-I think your right they did call it off a few years ago. But, I think they have to refund everyone their money when stuff like that happens. They rescheduled twice on us...we were originally going to see them in February ...then they changed it to April, then to March...but if we were unable to go because of that...we were allowed to get a refund.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you get a refund...but I think the DISAPPOINTMENT must suck! Especially if you had gotten you're son all geared up to go.

I remember a bunch of my friends were at a GUNS N ROSES show where Axl made them wait two hours before he hit the stage. I really dont appreciate that diva **** ! Your fans are what make you a star in the first place and to treat them so shabbily or to let minor arguments in the band make you call off a show/tour and hurt your fans? Thats pretty suckish! These people get a reputation and then people like me don't wanna order tickets to their shows! GUNS N ROSES and VAN HALEN are two of my favorites...but I've heard enough horror stories that I refuse to buy tickets! I don't like to set myself up for potential heartache!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updated tour dates

http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=A-ACDC&By=Artist&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=14&StartSearch.y=9

The date on January 17th in Fargo appeals to me as that's only 200 miles away from where I live. Only problem is I have no vehicle so I have to find somebody who would be willing to travel that far to see AC/DC and who would be willing to drive that far during the month of January in North Dakota. Why can't they come to Bismarck so all I have to travel is four blocks? [Big Grin]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home