iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Song of the Day--Love Bites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Song of the Day--Love Bites
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Def Leppard song pretty much says it all. It bites, it bleeds, it brings you to you knees. Why is that? It sucks! Very melancholy song that really paints a picture that makes you feel like you never want to be in love.

I remember listening to this song a lot after a kid that I went to high school died. There wasn't anything between us, but the song was just so sad.

Does anyone else have any feelings about this song?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the song. What does Joe say at the end of the song in that electronic voice?
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't think of it, maybe I don't know. They want to fool you like that did with Pour Some Sugar on Me.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, at first I thought this was about Judas Priest's song of the same name, off Defenders of the Peace (1984).

In the dead of night ... love bites.

The Leps are a bit of alright, though.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the song that made Joe's mum cry.
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, love this song! It reminds me of being really lovesick because the boy I had a crush on back then (at 14?) didn't want me...

To this day to me this is the best heart break song ever.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really a good song, chock full of the breathy chorus they're famous for.

The video left a little to be desired. It's one of those that shows the band hard at work in the studio, sporting the latest styles in dinner jackets and jeans. Up close and personal.

I like the themes in Hysteria and Animal a lot better. Circus folk know how a rock video should look!

Still, the song takes you back, man. In my case, takes me back to my 10th birthday party, when I got to dance with all the cute chicks from school!

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brode:
Haha, at first I thought this was about Judas Priest's song of the same name, off Defenders of the Peace (1984).

In the dead of night ... love bites.

The Leps are a bit of alright, though.

I was hoping too, even though the Def Leppard song was decent.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

In the electronic voice:

If you've got love in your sights
Watch out, love bites (this is where the video ends)
Yes it does
It will be hell

unique song. The only one that went #1 in the states from an album that was the #10 selling album of the 80's. (non-greatest hits) In my opinion, Def Leppard really brought rock into the MTV mainstream. I felt they sat on the border between Glam Rock/ Metal/ and at times, Pop.

Great album none the less, the third CD I ever got.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home