iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who would you like to see in concert?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who would you like to see in concert?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see:

K.I.S.S.
Billy Idol
Prince
Rick Springfield
Tina Turner
Bryan Adams
Foreigner
38 Special
The Little River Band
Olivia Newton-John
Stevie Nicks
Fleetwood Mac
Night Ranger
Loverboy
Pat Benatar
Kenny Loggins

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's many I'd like to see but the top two I'd like to see that I haven't seen as of yet are

Iron Maiden
Ozzy Osbourne

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lucky I've seen a lot of my favorites, but a few have escaped me:

Siouxsie and the Banshees
New Order
Psychedelic Furs
Pretenders
Peter Case/Pilmsouls
Gogo's
Bangles
Television
Julian Cope
OMD
Motley Crue
Kate Bush
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
B-52's
Cramps
Kim Wilde
Modern English
John Fogerty
Prince
Michael Jackson
Pulp
Human League

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Idol
R.E.M.
Led Zeppelin
Genesis
Bruce Springsteen
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Bob Seger
Billy Joel
Elton John
AC/DC
Van Halen
Radiohead
The Foo Fighters

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen a lot of the people I like in concert.The only ones I have missed out on are-

METALLICA
VAN HALEN
THE POLICE
TOM PETTY
GUNS N ROSES

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking Heads
The Smiths (reunion please though it will probably never happen)

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh gosh I'd love to see Metallica in concert! I always wanted to see Warrant (with Jani Lane) but I never got the chance... [Frown]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are TONS that I'd still like to see or I have missed. Some are:

Ozzy (I had tickets years ago, but that show got cancelled. I was so bummed.)
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
Metallica
Van Halen
George Lynch
Tony MacAlpine

So many more.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PETTYFAN< METALLICA are touring right now...but I'm not even sure whose playing bass anymore! I would have liked to have seen them in their heydey. Not even neccesarily with Cliff Burton...just anything from "the black album" and before...I hate their newer stuff.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of all the ones I wanted to see growing up I only have Motley Crue, ACDC, WASP and Queensryche left to see.

mamamia I would definitely suggest you still see Metallica if you get the chance, they play loads of classics and hardly touch the newer stuff anymore and they are still a live experience to be reckoned with.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by All hope is NOMS:
Out of all the ones I wanted to see growing up I only have Motley Crue, ACDC

so basically you've seen nobody [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy Sam, guess I've seen nobody to when you put it that way. LOL. AC/DC is a sore reminder of me of why I always hated school. I had a huge exam the night of the AC/DC concert in 2001, and they haven't been back since.

Other concerts I want to see are :

David Bowie
Paul Weller
Slade
Dio
Motorhead

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
AC-DC is hands down the best live show I've ever been to....and Im not even saying "with Bon Scott" or "twenty years ago"....The first time I saw them was about 5 years ago and it was just....words fail me! Freakin' fantastic! They are supposedly coming around NYC in the fall - which means their touring- which means any of you who havent seen them play live yet have run out of excuses. I strongly urge you to see them.
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also love to see Metallica! I don't know whether any stops in Europe are planned on their current tour... and even if that was the case, I don't think I would find anybody who'd want to go there with me. [Roll Eyes]

I'd also like to see Depeche Mode, but only if they stuck to their 80s music mainly. I've heard that they aren't so great live, though. [Confused]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallica just played Rock am ring and Rock im Park but I'm pretty sure they'll hit Germany with the european tour.

ACDC will probably also do the festival circuit next year...(prays!!!!!)

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I was going to ask you guys about this , but i didnt want to ruffle any feathers (keep in mind Im a HUGE fan of theirs:) Do DEPECHE MODE suck in concert? Thats what my oldest sister said (she's a big fan too). I know they've played around me but I've never gone cuz i heard they aren't good live. Anyone know from personal experience?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home