iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who have you seen in concert? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who have you seen in concert?
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup.In Oslo spectrum 2,5 meters down from the stage into a Concrete Floor.Because of all the spotlights,she didn`t realize there were no one to catch her at the time.A shattered knee was the result.Showbiz sure is brutal [Wink]
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay here's my list for what its worth...

Alice in Chains (Original Line Up)
The Almighty
Megadeth (x2)
Machine Head (x3)
Slayer (x3)
Ash
Kelly Osbourne (Don't Ask!!!!)
The Wannadies
Robbie Williams (again, don't ask!)
Funeral For A Friend (x2)
Iron Maiden (Dance of Death Tour)
Monster Magnet
Cradle of Filth (x3)
Hatebreed (x2)
Crowbar
Caliban (x4)
God Forbid
Trivium (x3)
Still Remains (x2)
3 Inches of Blood (x2)
The Distillers
The Hives
Iggy and the Stooges
Sum 41
Linkin Park
The Mooney Suzuki
Drowning Pool
Slipknot (x2)
Korn
Metallica (x3) - Including The Lars No Show, Joey Jordison and Dave Lombardo substitute gig.
Fozzy
Wednesday 13
Garbage
Bowling For Soup
Alter Bridge
Anthrax
HIM
Velvet Revolver
Black Sabbath
Society 1
Mudvayne
Nightwish
Killswith Engage
Papa Roach
Atreyu
Soulfly
Tool
Down
Satyricon
Stone Sour
Mendeed (x3)
Dragon force
Bullet For My Valentine
Guns N Roses

Looking forward to Slipknot / Machine Head / Children of Bodom in December.

Best gig ever was probably Slayer / Machine Head in 1994 (or 1995, can't quite remember) in which, during a struggle with the bouncers during Machine Head's set, Rob Flynn helped me up on stage for some serious stage diving...

During a Hatebreed gig, the final song "I Will Be Heard" was dedicated to "that young dude over there on his dad's shoulders" (ie Mini Noms).

After a Still Remains gig, the lead Guitarist came out and shook hands with mini-noms and stated how he rocked the whole show.

At the Download festival in 2005 Trivium insisted on having their photo taken with min-noms for their website and Kerrang magazine.

I swear, mini noms gets all the best gig experiences. I only wish he'd been around during Metallica's 1991/92 tour, we'd have been guaranteed a place in the snakepit for sure...

Noms [Cool]

[ 29. September 2008, 06:34: Message edited by: NOMS Magnetic ]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NOMS Magnetic:
Kelly Osbourne (Don't Ask!!!!)

Sorry Noms....I gotta ask. [Big Grin] Was Ozzy in the audience or something? [Wink]

Great list by the way. [Cool]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was posted to Northern Ireland (without my family) and for the lack of anything better to do on a weekend me and some friends went to a concert in Dublin and Kelly was playing. I would rate her performance as the worst I have ever seen...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Kelly before too and Noms is right. She and Andrew WK played together when we saw them on a sidestage at Ozzfest one year. Andrew WK is actually entertaining on stage but Kelly should be thankful her pops is rich and has made the Osbourne name famous because if it was up to her she'd be SOL.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few just off the top of my head:
Paul McCartney
Billy Joel
Elton John
Genesis
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
Sting
Kool and the Gang
Lyle Lovett
Aaron Neville
Brian McKnight (when he was with Take 6)
Dr. John
Kenny G. AND Michael Bolton (now there's a show)
Barenaked Ladies
Chicago
Pablo Cruise
Pure Prairie League
Harry Connick, Jr.
Manheim Steamroller
Hootie and the Blowfish
but we can't forget Slim Whitman

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i go to alot of concerts here are some to name a few, judas priest, motley crue, def lepperd, poison, ratt, eddie money, hall and oates, hinder, counting crows, dio, queensryche, the fixx and the alarm, journey, gueen with paul rodgers, reo speedwagon, papa roach, etc. etc. lol dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shortlist here:

The Eagles (twice)
ZZ Top (along with The Cure, the most memorable concert I've been to)
Sting
Madredeus
Jimmie Vaughan (prefered to have seen his brother perform)
The Smokin' Joe Kubek Band
Johnny Winter
Corey Harris
The Cure
Kim Wilde (looong time ago)
Vicente Amigo

Still on the wish list:

The Human League
Madness
Billy Idol
The Sisters of Mercy (lucky Riptide!)

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's what I can remember:
AEROSMITH
GUESS WHO
STEPPENWOLF
THE HOOTERS
QUIET RIOT
HELIX
CROSBY, STILLS, AND NASH (NO YOUNG UNFORTUNEATELY)
TRIUMPH
KIX
MOODY BLUES
DOKKEN-3
RATT-2
BON JOVI-5
POISON-6
CINDERELLA-3
WINGER-3
SEBASTIAN BACH
DEEP PURPLE
STYX
WHITESNAKE
SCORPIONS
L.A. GUNS
FASTER PUSSYCAT
DEF LEPPARD
JOAN JETT
ROBERT PLANT (2)
FIREHOUSE
JACKYL (2)
MOTLEY CRUE (6 OR 7)
METALLICA (5)
KISS
GUNS N ROSES (3)
DIO
IRON MAIDEN
MOTORHEAD
BUCKCHERRY
REB BEACH- SOLO IN A FEW SMALL TOWN BARS!

What do you think was the best show that you've seen altogether -good sound, good performance, etc. My favorite of all time has to be Iron Maiden in I can't remember now if it was 2002 or 2003.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOMS-That is so cool that all of those bands like to recognize MINI-NOMS! He must have been having the time of his life! Did his pic make it into Kerrang mag?

TOXIC SAMMY HAIN- You saw Head East? When was that? "There's Never Been Any Reason"-I remember my friend's neighbor had a band, and they were rehearsing that song allllll dayyyy long when I was visiting. His mother was ready to go over there and kill them! But I still love that song!

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noms, I gotta ask--Bowling for Soup??
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who have I seen in concert?? Nobody.. Never been to one. Not my bag. I like Music, but have never felt compelled to pay 60 to 100 euros to go up to Dublin and stand around for two hours watching somebody who makes ridiculous amounts of money sing. But maybe I'm missing something!! [Smile]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great list Pittsgirl.

The best I went to was the last one....Yngwie.
The best before that....Maiden. Was 1986, Somewhere in Time Tour.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
NOMS-That is so cool that all of those bands like to recognize MINI-NOMS! He must have been having the time of his life! Did his pic make it into Kerrang mag?

It certainly did. I ended up having to buy 10 copies for family members...

Skint Noms [Cool]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Noms, I gotta ask--Bowling for Soup??

I know what you're saying and given the choice I would never have watched them. However, they were fantatstic and really interacted well with the crowd and were definitely my surprise band of the weekend.

Bowling For Noms [Cool]

saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Doubt
Bon Jovi
Gwen Stefani
Fleetwood Mac
Garbage
Aerosmith
Metallica
Weezer
Billy Joel
Celine Dion
My Chemical Romance
Poison
Motley Crue
Duran Duran
Justin Timberlake
Bette Midler
Def Leppard
Guns N' Roses
Pink
Madonna
Oasis
Kid Rock
Linkin Park
Eminem
Stone Temple Pilots
Alanis Morissette
Hall & Oates
Limp Bizkit
Good Charlotte
The Killers
Scissor Sisters
Janet Jackson
Mariah Carey
Coldplay
Doves
Blink 182
Bruce Springsteen
The Corrs
N*E*R*D*
Radiohead
Tori Amos
Sheryl Crow
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Evanescence

My Wishlist:
The Rolling Stones
U2
Pink Floyd
Green Day
The Who

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the legends that are Metallica this past Sunday night. They played for nearly 3 hours, past and present music! Best show I've saw in a loooooooooongg time........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to miss Disturbed, As I Lay Dying and Egypt Central tomorrow night because I'm going to be on my way to Minnesota for Thanksgiving
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I used to get in the pit at every show that had a pit up until about 3 years ago lol. By far the most brutal pit I have ever been in out of many is a pit at a Slayer show and a close second would be Slipknot pits and Lamb of God pits (tie). I go to the shows now and watch the pits close by. Sounds like a good show you'll be missing Sam but at least it's for a good reason......
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great list saturnchick!

I used to hit all the pits too, but I'm too old for that now. Once, I got thrown about 20 feet and my knee crashed into a keg. I felt it for weeks.

Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw nkotb on concert last tuesday!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Just got back from seeing Slipknot and Children of Bodom on the final night of their European tour in Luxembourg.

Unfortunately no Machine Head due to Phil Demmel passing out in Sheffield but the gig was still awesome.

Me and mini noms were at the front for the whole gig and clown dropped down from the stage to high five the front row and when he saw mini noms he ruffled his hair. At the end of the gig, when the knot were throwing out drumsticks, Chris came down to us and placed a drumstick in mini noms hand.

I would have preferred more music off the new album but I still rate this gig as one of the best I have been to.

SlipNoms [Cool]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just booked my tickets to see Morrissey next May. [Cool]
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bands I've seen:

Metallica
Faith No More
Guns N' Roses
Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth
Type O Negative
Gwar
Mushroomhead
Godsmack
Disturbed
Nightwish
Lullacry
Morbid Angel
Otep
Slipknot
God Forbid
Deftones
Snot
Symphony X
Krisiun
Cannibal Corpse
Napalm Death
Fear Factory
Nine Inch Nails
Soilwork
KMFDM
David Bowie
Skinny Puppy
MSI
Juno Reactor
She Wants Revenge
Lords of Acid
The Echoing Green
Orbital
The Chemical Brothers
Stevie Nicks
Aphex Twin
Korn
Adema
Nailbomb
Ministry
Testament
Iced Earth
Darkthrone
Deicide
Evanescence
In Silence
White Light Motorcade
AC/D-She
Iron Maidens
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
Rob Zombie
Alice Cooper
The Used
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Marilyn Manson
Andrew W.K.
Tommy Lee
The Gathering

Bands I want to see that I haven't yet:

Infected Mushroom
In Extremo
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Rammstein
Therion
Theatre of Tragedy
Within Temptation
Dream Theatre
Apocalyptica
Witchery
Ancient Rites
Behemoth
Blackmore's Night
Kings of Leon
Tool
Dimmu Borgir
Gorgoroth
Sonata Arctica
Arch Enemy
Lacrimosa
Blind Guardian
Myrkskog

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've barely been to any concerts in my life.
I saw Bananarama back in 1989, and the last concert I went to was The Whitlams in 2000.

My dying wish is to go to a Kylie Minogue concert, it's just not the same on DVD.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home