iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » FUTURE COP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FUTURE COP!
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I wanted to share with you all about this project out there called FUTURECOP! They are a electronic group from the UK. If you love the 80's, you will LOVE this group. Just go have a listen to TRANSFORMERS, STARWORSHIPPER or N.A.S.A. and I promise not one of you will be disappointed.

It's 2008 but we can still never get enough... from Micheal J Fox to Nintendo to E.T to Transformers to Jem and the Holograms to My little Pony, they come and stayed for the longest time. FUTURECOP! music was influenced by all the things i have longed for, returning to the best era. Listen to class of 1984 and you will get what I mean, listen to transformers for you will never be lost. One reason I love electro is because it always brings back all my childhood heroes!' - SLEEP JUMPING BLOG

FUTURE COP!

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit that I went to your website feeling a little sceptic about this. (sorry, that's just me) But...

Wow man! This music is really, really good!

I fell in love with 'Gateaux Blaster' and 'Transformers' from the first time I heard it. Thanks for sharing [Smile] .

BTW that image of miss Ringwald is cool too.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That image is awesome....did you design and make that yourself?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!

I love your sound and style!
The myspace page is just awesome!
Great stuff dudes [Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I wish, but this isn't my band, I apologize if maybe I made it sound like that! FUTURECOP are just something I stumbled on MySpace, and I instantly fell in love with their sound, image and overall vibe. The sound Futurecop creates is like they write music for movies in the 80's that never existed. Listening to Futurecop's tracks is like entering a time-warp. Things sound undeniably 80's, but still fresh and new. And their songs have heart!

I could go on about them for decades, but it won't do justice, just go listen!
 -
 -

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
Just put together a video for these guys for a song called KARATE KIDS. I combined 80's movie clips that came to mind when I first heard the track. Just wait till' you hear the MIYAGI-esque synths in this song!

Here's the link to my video..

http://vimeo.com/3553102

Comments are appreciated!

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome stuff!
The feelgood video of the year!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be mighty proud of that Tim! Awesome work indeed. I'm sure it took some time to edit too. What is the music? Did you write that?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
Thanks!

The music is a track from the band "FUTURECOP". Check out the original post in this thread and you'll find their Myspace link. Check them out! Ultimate 80s Montage music ever.

-

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff!

Not trying to derail the thread, but check out this guy Peter, and his tribute synth tunes to the work of Jan Hammer and the Miami Vice vibe!

youtube

yotube

youtube

if you dig synth and the 80's vibe, you'll like this guys stuff, he's pretty good!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home