iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Holy battle #1: Heaven vs. Heaven

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holy battle #1: Heaven vs. Heaven
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psyhcedelic Furs Heaven vs. Eurogliders Heaven (must be there)
I always loved these two songs, the Eurogliders Heaven (must be there) I can remember clear as day as when I bought that cassette just for that song, and the Psych Furs song and video was pretty awesome. Especially Richard Butler singing in the rain like that. I love the Gliders song, but the great Psych Furs gives me an exclamation point in this battle.

By the way, I put #1 in this battle because as you may know there are other great 80's songs with Heaven in their title. So there will be more. Stephen I already know what you are thinking (the Cure song ), so I serve it up to you for #2-4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdQH9ULWD5k

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Warrant in the battle of Heaven

for this battle I choose the Furs

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't leave out Warrant!!! I vote for them, even though it's not a choice. [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, forgot about Warrant, the battle will be extended to at least #6-7. Maybe they will go up against Bryan Adams.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and the winner will get into a face-off between "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure and Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is A Place On Earth".

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then we can have a contest of all the hell songs and then have heaven and hell meet for a winner takes all [Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This list can go on forever:

Dokken - Heaven Sent
Angels and Airwaves - Heaven
Bad English - Heaven is a 4-Letter Word
Yngwie Malmsteen - Heaven Tonight
House of Lords - All the Way to Heaven
Hurricane - It's Only Heaven
Iron Maiden - Heaven Can Wait
Kiss - Heaven's On Fire
Lacuna Coil - Heaven's a Lie
Theory of a Deadman - Heaven Little by Little
Peter Cetera & Chaka Khan - Feels Like Heaven

So many good ones.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Nice list 80's rocked. Have we stumbled on to something here? It's like every band wants some piece of heaven. The Heaven vs. Hell battle sounds good Sam. What a song for the Dio-era Black Sabbath too.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
Then we can have a contest of all the hell songs and then have heaven and hell meet for a winner takes all [Big Grin]

...and the prize are albums titled "Heaven And Hell", all of which were done by:

Black Sabbath
Joe Jackson
Vangelis

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home