iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » I have a question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a question
BobbyB
Rewind Curious
Member # 3992

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BobbyB   Email BobbyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend and I have movie quizzes at work when it is slow, and we like to quote lines from The Karate Kid. There is one line that just doesn't make sense to us and we keep thinking that maybe we are hearing it wrong, but at one point I believe it is Bobby (?) who says to Daniel, "Unless we take worm for a walk week!" At least that is what it sounds like. Can anyone shed light on that line? Are we both out of our minds that we think that is what he is saying? And if it is, what the heck does that mean???? [Confused]
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larusso
Rewind Curious
Member # 3999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for larusso   Email larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, i believe the line is "It must be take a worm for a walk week!"

This 80's-esque insult would imply that Ali's hanging out with a worm, which is just a slang term devised to insult Daniel. It's a verbal attack, said out of frustration since the Cobra Kai were instructed by sensei Kreese to not touch Daniel until the tournament.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyB
Rewind Curious
Member # 3992

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BobbyB   Email BobbyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that would make more sense. I'll have to listen more carefully next time I watch it. Thanks for the clarification.
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i bleve thats what he tkae worm for a walk week it sounds like that to me in the movie as what was being said
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He says Unless we take a worm for a walk week. Not that I know what that means. Maybe it was an 80's phrase that never caught on. [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow I didn't know that
Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No he says...it must be take a worm for a walk week, Larusso is right.

Implying that there is no other explanation for Ali to be seen with Daniel, seeing as he is Daniel, and they are the Cobra Kai, who...in their eyes, are significantly cooler.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, it's... "It must be take a worm for a walk week."

It's one of my favorite parts because he delivers the line so angry like some badass, But it's such a lame thing to say.

Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always crack up at all the other guys faces to that line [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Props to Larusso;that's definately the line..
Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home