iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » CONTI SCORE PETITION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CONTI SCORE PETITION
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it at all possible for someone tostart a petition to maybe try and get Bill Conti, and/or Columbia to put out score CD'S for the first 3 KK films? I don't know how to go about starting it up myself, and if there is one already, then sorry for the oversite, please post the link. If not, would anyone know how to do it.

It seemed to work when there was a petition for the special edition re-release of the first KK film, plus they made it a whole boxset...so why wouldn't they make available some score CD'S as well if they saw some demand potential...I know the chances are slim, but is't it worth a shot? Maybe they could re-release/re-master the oiginal (pop) soundtracks as well? Would anyone be willing/able to start up some online petitions for these causes? [Karate Kid] [Confused] [Big Grin]

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Conti.. he's a man I just don't like. He's said in countless interviews that he is not interested in profiting from sales and wants to keep the music special to the movie.. or something like that.

Fair enough, but damn, what about the fans???? It really is a mystery.. why couldn't he just donate any profits to a needy charity?

Love the music, hate the man. Selfish isn't the word....

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah....it's VERY frustrating, but I mean he said he retained the rights to those yellowstone cd's he had put out, but didn't say whether or not he owns the rights for the KK music. Maybe if Sony/columbia/tristar onws the music, THEY could put it out?
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Brownie said.

Conti's a stooge. A terrific music man with such little regard for his work. He said the master tapes from years ago had been lost and he doesn't care. I'd believe it, because if you notice on the dvds, the couple bits of score on the menus are from scenes where there was no dialogue (the "Training Hard" track, and the tiny pan-flute wisp as the menu is cueing up).

But the good thing about music as opposed to film, music can be re-composed, so the score from all three films could be rescued. And yes, it's a longshot. Wouldn't that be a kick though, to hear Conti live like at a symphony night or something, a full orchestra blasting out the KK scores. A boy can dream. [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kata23
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3895

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kata23   Email Kata23       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
conti's an *** clown......he needs to give something out...his ooooooooooooo
Posts: 11 | From: n.y. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home