iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Two quick questions...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two quick questions...
Y2J 420
Rewind Curious
Member # 3856

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Y2J 420   Email Y2J 420   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Why doesn't this site talk about KK III?

2. Reading some reviews about it, most people hate part III. Now when I was younger, I believe this was actually the first one I saw, and I still enjoy it the most. What is honestly so bad about it? Barnes is obviously a bad a$$.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KK III is an ok film, but its kinda like they'd thought...yeah lets make a KKIII, and they left the story til the last minute.

Its slow, the love interest really isnt even a proper love interest, and it just doesnt have the charm and pace of the first one or the scenery and character building of the second one....its just...well....a bit dull. I remember being really disappointed when I saw it, much like BTTFIII....to be fair by the time most films get to the third one, its all about cashing in on what was so good about the first one.

That's what I think anyway.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Y2J 420
Rewind Curious
Member # 3856

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Y2J 420   Email Y2J 420   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer BTTF III to BTTF II...

Ok, so that answers question 2, but why doesn't this site discuss part III?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 is fine. its got nothing on part 1 though
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was wondering this my self this a good question for the web master in some ways part 3 was better than part 2
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earth Angel, gonna get you! [Wink] .

I think BTTF III was a neccessary sequel because part II left this huge loose-end. As you said about KK III though, it seemed half-baked and thrown together. There's some beautiful moments in it---kata at the beach, Daniel hugs Miyagi---but the villians were entirely too racist and the story thin (this guy's student loses a karate tournament, therefore no one will register at his class???)

As far as this site goes, what's there really to say about III? There's no new locations to discuss (aside from Miyagi's shop) and no real interesting anecdotes. One and two had all the locations, two had a bunch of hype because it was the first sequel. KK III kind of came and went and bombed and as pointed out, no one really liked it so I guess they felt no need to explore it.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like KKIII but KKI is the best. I think that is why it is talked about more.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home