iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Anyone Ever Notice..........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Ever Notice..........
TerpsFan23
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3630

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TerpsFan23   Email TerpsFan23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That when Myagi took out Johnny during the Halloween fight scene he didnt even touch his face yet Johnny had a black eye the next day......LOL.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that´s funny,and I wonder how did tommy break his arm
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more intrigued by how Daniel managed to get to the finals of an ALL VALLEY karate tournament and WIN after a training schedule of washing some cars and painting a house.

But yeah.. lol.

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerpsFan23
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3630

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TerpsFan23   Email TerpsFan23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brown:
I'm more intrigued by how Daniel managed to get to the finals of an ALL VALLEY karate tournament and WIN after a training schedule of washing some cars and painting a house.

But yeah.. lol.

LOL.....Also they needed to show more fighting in the tournament.....Daniel was tied at one point each with Dutch and Tommy but ended up winning the matches....At least cut off with Daniel ahead in the fights, not tied.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wot kinda idiot dresses as a shower
Rewind Curious
Member # 3649

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wot kinda idiot dresses as a shower   Email wot kinda idiot dresses as a shower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerpsFan23:
That when Myagi took out Johnny during the Halloween fight scene he didnt even touch his face yet Johnny had a black eye the next day......LOL.

Maybe that wasn't a black eye, maybe johnny just couldnt get all of his skeleton make up off his eyes haha [Big Grin]
Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya thair are some screw ups in this film i got a good ida though maybay if the karate kid ever gets releesed again one of the extres on the dvd could be a 45to60 minute douctomery withe all the people involved in makeing the film explaing the screw ups i wood like to know the answers to these questions myself doring the hallewoon fight seen i can gess what hapened with the fog machine not a big enoughth aera to cover it thought thay couvered and thay did not do a good job or thay could have simply have somebody not knowing what thair doing as for the other screw ups the beach seen with the radio it could have bin the way it landed just if you threw something into the air you would not know witch way it would land as far as everything else the screw ups goes who knows
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did acknowledge the fog machine on the commentary, laughing at it. The thing with Johnny was an 'audience recognition' thing. The make-up artists just want to show some kind of damage to Johnny. Since you can't really for no good reason zoom in on a bruise, they put it in a spot that the camera would naturally see. Hence the black eye.

Someone mentioned once that Daniel's training ran from November 1st until December 18th. Hardly enough time for someone to get very aquainted with the basics of karate. But that's movies for ya.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People must remember Daniel said he took Karate at the YMCA for a few months as well.

add that to learning from Myagi.

we have to remember also this wasn't a real street fight, but a points tournament.

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the odd thing, Vidal. Daniel mentions the lessons at the Y a couple times, yet is completely helpless in defending himself. The only time he gets Johnny is off-guard with the punch at the beach. Otherwise Daniel can't block or kick at all. Hence, "Not at the Y! At a good school!"

LOL.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McFly:
Hence, "Not at the Y! At a good school!"

for years I thought he said, "Not Hawaii, good school".. i think I subliminally associated the Bonsai Tree (as a Palm tree) on Daniel's gi with him saying that, so it made sense that he'd say Hawaii. Lol @ me
Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Brownie! Haha!

It was foreshadowing, since they ended up shooting the sequel in Hawaii [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home