iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Pat Morita Interview

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pat Morita Interview
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a OLD interview! I just pasted the Karate Kidd stuff, but the whole thing is very interesting [Smile]

http://actionadventure.about.com/od/celebrityinterviews/a/aa102804.htm

Do Kids still come up and say, “Mr. Miyagi?”?

All over the world. I was in London about five months ago and “Oh yeah.” This is a very familiar face now.

How different do you look now?

Well, my hair is shorter. It’s thinned out quite a bit. I’ve balded on top. It’s turned almost all white. My beard and moustache are all white. I still have a young attitude. Hey, I hit 72 this year and it’s been 20 years since we did the first one. A lot happens in 20 years.

Why was The Next Karate Kid so underrated?

I don't know. That’s a very difficult to pinpoint an answer. I loved it. I thought it was a great concept. I thought it should’ve done better than it did in terms of grosses and exposure in the theaters. I think they pulled it off too quick.
Could the series have gone on forever with new kids? I don't know.

Could the series have gone on forever with new kids?

It really depended upon what kind of scripts they were going to write. But once Jerry Weintraub and the studios lost interest, I said, “So be it.” I had my run at it. It was a great run. I loved doing the part, playing the role. I loved working with Ralphie of course. We still keep in touch with each other several times a year just to say hi. And life goes on. What can I say?

Are you in the restaurant business?

No, what gave you that idea?

The internet says you own the Miyagi's restaurant on Sunset, but that sounded a bit far fetched. I’ve been hearing that and hearing that and hearing that. They just stole the name and opened up a Japanese restaurant. I had nothing to do with it.

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike0001
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mike0001   Email mike0001   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello I've been a karate kid fan for a while its good to hear from pat morita.
Posts: 20 | From: wales | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home