iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Thanks to all who signed the now-famous petition!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks to all who signed the now-famous petition!
BillyZabka
Rewinder
Member # 1570

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BillyZabka   Author's Homepage   Email BillyZabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

Thanks for getting the word out about my Karate Kid 20th Anniversary Petition. We're nearing 3,000 signatures, and now, with the confirmed release of the remastered, feature-packed DVD edition of the first film, I think that we can claim victory. I had enough responses from Columbia/TriStar to ensure me that they were, in fact, paying attention. Still like to see a rerelease, though...;-)

Posts: 32 | From: Littleton, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The power of the internet triumphs again!

I posted the petition on a few message boards myself! Great work by all involved.

Nice job on getting the petition up in the first place too [Smile] !

-Ian

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BillyZabka
Rewinder
Member # 1570

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BillyZabka   Author's Homepage   Email BillyZabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. Perhaps I should clarify, here (due to a reference in the now-famous "I wanna meet someone who looks like Billy Zabka"-entry...), but I am not now, nor have I ever been Billy Zabka (nor have I claimed to be). It's a screen name, folks.

Just a longtime KK fan, and one of Nick's earlier participants in the site (I'm Jared Keller), who ever so long ago thought it'd be, you know, ironic, to use Mr. Zabka's name in vain as a screen ID (no disrespect to our boy Johnny intended, as I've never met the man, but in all seriousness, he seems like a truly decent sort, based on the correspondence I've had with some of his family members - because of the petition - and because of his involvement with Media Fellowship International - a group of Christians within the entertainment industry).

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that I'm not some sort of Johnny-wannabe imposter. Just a Karate Kid fan, with a groovy screen name.

Posts: 32 | From: Littleton, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally helped to get Three's Company & Freaks & Geeks on DVD.

WE spammed the owners of these shows emails begging them & within 4 months Three's Company was said to be in the works!

What we did was put the link to their email in our signatures on all the message boards you go on and asked " can everyone email this guy and ask for Three's Company on dvd"

same with Freeks & Geeks! They just needed signatures. The writer/creator actually wrote me at my email, thanked me & sent me a autograph photo of the whole cast!

So the Power of the (spam) Internet works. [Smile]

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris-H-
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1957

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chris-H-   Author's Homepage   Email Chris-H-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah well done everyone, can't wait now.
Posts: 28 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home