iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Cobra Kai GI's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cobra Kai GI's
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Cobra Kai Gi in the Karate Kid part III that Mike Barnes wears in the comp at the end Black unlike the ones used in the first film that were brown I have watched these films and you can tell that the ones in the first film are brown but in the third it definatly looks black. I know that it was different costumers that worked on the third film so maybe they made a new one anyone know. I would love one of these costumes I wish I had seen the Johnny Cobra Kai Gi when it was on ebay I would have bid even though I can't afford it I would have just stuck it on the visa card and then thought about how I would have payed for it after.
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cobra Kai gi's in part 1 are not Brown, they're black.

Are you watching KK1 on a very old tape? If so, video tape tends to "bleed" a reddish color that distorts the original colors over time. A teacher of mine in film school explained it to me, but I've since forgotten why this happens. But basically, as the tape deteriorates, the first thing to go is the color red.

I think the "bleeding" is causing the black Gi's to appear brown to you. If you watch the DVDs, the uniforms are clearly black.

The owner of 80stees.com recently purchased one of the Gis, and I believe he intends to reprocuce replicas and sell them on his site. So you may get your cobra kai gi afterall.

Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Larry when I said they were brown I was just going on a message that I read on another message board that someone had posted saying that they had Bobbys cobra kai Gi and that his amte had Ducth's cobra kai gi and they said they were brown also I'm pretty sure that when realclothes where selling them they said they were brown too. Anyway I asked 80stees if they were going to do replicas and they said that they are so that is good news but they won't be ready until sometime in 2005. The guy there said they will be exact replicas too. Has anyone seen the Cobra kai patches that soem guy called Rob sells he sent me some pics last night and they are excellent I am going to get some from him they are spot on. they are $100 for both.
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gi's in the first Karate Kid are definitley black.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
Thanks guys you were right they are black when I read they were brown I convinced my self they were but the guy from 80stees said they are just faded and he can see how people could mistake them for being brown. Thanks
CobraKai_NeverDies
Rewinder
Member # 2699

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CobraKai_NeverDies   Email CobraKai_NeverDies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are black but in fact have a tint of brown in it aswell..its like charcoal..If you look close enough in person you can see it..You cant really see it on the tv.

I bought Dutch's GI..I had a few posts back about it in the past.

Posts: 37 | From: U.K | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
I thought there was a bit of brown in it I have the films on DVD and sometimes in certain light it looks like you can see the brown but in the thrid film that Mike Barnes wears looks jet black. I am also going to try and make one of those Halloween Skeleton Costumes hopefully I will have it done in time for Halloween just need to get the right material.
TerpsFan23
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3630

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TerpsFan23   Email TerpsFan23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that the fat Cobra Kai (Frank) and the african american cobra kai had brown GI's on during the tournament while the rest of them had on black ones.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CobraKai_NeverDies
Rewinder
Member # 2699

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CobraKai_NeverDies   Email CobraKai_NeverDies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TerpsFan23 your right they do have brown gi's but the others have the charcoaly colour gis.
Posts: 37 | From: U.K | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home