iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » alternate ending

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: alternate ending
sambhav
Rewind Curious
Member # 3116

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sambhav   Email sambhav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not here to cause any ruckus or trouble or start any commotion but i could have sworn that one time i saw karate kid I on tv and the ending wasn't the same crane-kick ending. instead daniel just used martial arts to win and at the end the guy who got disqualified apologized again to daniel and congratulated him on winning. am i the only one who has seen this or have any of you out there seen this also? let me know.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never even heard of that before. And Bobby was the guy that got disqualified. Are you sure that you didn't dream that? [Big Grin]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CobraJohnny
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3071

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CobraJohnny   Email CobraJohnny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen it [Confused] I've watched KK on vhs, dvd, and on television and have never seen that. Strange [Karate Kid]
Posts: 15 | From: MS | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sambhav
Rewind Curious
Member # 3116

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sambhav   Email sambhav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea i'm sure i didn't dream it, thanks for telling me who the guy who got dq'ed was. i've been thinking about e-mailing john avildsen or another director of the movie to find out what is going on exactly. but i don't know how to reach him or anyone else. if anyone has any ideas let me know.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larusso's Legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2868

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Larusso's Legend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you got confused by the ending of pt1 and pt3 somehow. after all Mike does get thretened with disqualification twice (mayb jst once), and Dan does a Kata to beat Mike. Both endings take place in same arena and same setting with same scenario (Daniel vs Kobra Kai). Thats the only explination i can think of
since i like the other guys watch vhs, dvd and tv screenings of KK and have never heard of this alternative ending. It's only a guess mate, I'm not saying you're not right, it;s just ive never heard of it

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm still going with that dream idea. [Big Grin] I'm just kidding. Maybe Larusso's Legend is right. Anyway, let us know what you find out. [Wink] [Karate Kid]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sambhav
Rewind Curious
Member # 3116

Rate Member
hey larusso's legend i've never seen #3 but that might be a great explanation of why i'm confused. i'll definitely check it out whenever i get the chance. haha jules if i were you i'd think i was crazy too for sure.
sambhav
Rewind Curious
Member # 3116

Rate Member
ok just went to the video store and watched #3 and larusso's legend i think u are right. when i saw karate kid on tv i caught only the tailend of it so that would probably explain why everything seemed so familiar to me. thanks a lot for pointing that out and damn that was a great movie! i never found out they had made a #3 until like a year ago but i never got interested enough to check it out. most of my friends thought that there are only 2 movies and the "next karate kid" was the last one. did #3 go straight to vhs or flop in theatres? or did it do well but not many people saw it? anyways, now i don't have to research any 'alternate endings' for karate kid I. thanks a lot for your patience and understanding rather than ranting.
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Karate Kid III played in theatres, it did not go straight to video.
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
This is what they grossed in theatres.
Karate Kid I
Gross
$90,800,000 (USA)
Karate Kid II
Gross
$115,103,979 (USA)
Karate Kid III
Gross
$38,956,288 (USA)
So, Karate Kid II did not do as well in theatres, but it did play in theatres.

Larusso's Legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2868

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Larusso's Legend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a problem at all Sambhav, glad the problem is sorted out for you now. Us kk fans may not be like other movie fans who may hav ranted on other boards etc.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Hey, Sambhav, [Big Grin] I don't think your crazy. I'm glad that you got it figured out. Stuff like that will drive you crazy. [Wink]
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow...An ending version in wich Danny beats Johny without the CRANE CRAP ,that would better fit to some episode of the "Twilight zone".
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sambhav
Rewind Curious
Member # 3116

Rate Member
well silverado considering the crane kick was completely made up i would think that using kata to beat johnny would be tight.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home