iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » SE DVD's?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SE DVD's?
EvanB
Rewind Curious
Member # 2524

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for EvanB   Email EvanB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to worry now. 2004 is going by quickly and still no news of a region 1 special edition dvd box set of The Karate Kid Trilogy, or at least the first movie with a widescreen special edition. I mean, it's the 20th anniversary of the first movie, now would be the perfect time. The Karate Kid series is one of columbia/tristars most succsessful franchises, atleast from the 80's. The Karate Kid is a part of our culture like Superman, Rocky, Jaws, etc... I can't understand why columbia/tristar isn't paying more attention to this series which has been so profitable for them. They released Stand By Me (a good movie too but no Karate Kid) with a special edition DVD and although it was a hit it didn't make as much at the box office as KK. The Karate Kid franchise has such a huge fan base I don't see how the studio could go financially wrong. My dream (and I'm sure it's wishfull thinking) is that The Karate Kid series will be released in a special edition box set with all four movies in widescreen, with special features, just in time for this Christmas. I think we should all bombard Columbia/Tristar with e-mails to let them no that there is a huge market for special edition DVD's of The Karate Kid movies, at least the first one. Any thoughts? [Smile]
Posts: 6 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clinty mc fly
Master Rewinder
Member # 2946

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for clinty mc fly   Email clinty mc fly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feel 4 u.i got the box set yesterday r2 £15.99 from play.com i watched the 1st 1 and 2 day the 2nd kk. i hope you get kk box set soon. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 107 | From: Lincoln,uk | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have no fear. It is without a doubt on the way. It's common sense economics. The franchise grossed well ove 200 million at the box office, and KK1 was the number one video rental of 1985.

The MBA's that run Hollywood never miss the opportunity to make more profits...

My hope is that they are taking their time and doing it right.

-

Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope they do it soon, but I would like for them to do it right, too. I sure would be nice. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with EvanB. 2004 better not go by without a new KK DVD done right! I can't wait for it, and I know the rest of us can't either! I hope the "powers that be" read this board...There ought to be A LOT more attention paid to KK for what it did for them! I'd like to see a DVD release of the cartoon as well, but Let's at least get the movies goin'!! [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home