iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » my phony police report from a couple years ago on Daniel's death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my phony police report from a couple years ago on Daniel's death
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple years back here at the site I had some fun exploring a "what if", that being if Johnny and the guys had killed Daniel outside the apartments. It was met with mixed reaction back then, but all the new faces here I thought I'd see what you guys thought:

"Local Youth Found Dead Outside Apartment Building"

A 16-year-old youth was beaten to death outside his Reseda apartment complex two nights ago. Police say Daniel LaRusso, who had just moved to the area this past summer, was chased and beaten outide the South Spas Apartment Complex about 9:30 PM Halloween Night. Residents heard a commotion and saw a gang of five attacking LaRusso, but did not intervene for fear of being outnmumbered and attacked themselves. Eyewitness accounts tell of the five assailants dressed in some sort of skeleton outfits, which is making identification a problem. LaRusso was discovered in a field adjacent to the building by a man leaving for work yesterday morning. LaRusso's mother Lucille was in seclusion and did not answer reporter requests for an interview. Police are asking anyone with information to call the Reseda Police Department. Services for LaRusso will be held at 10:30 AM tomorrow at Holy Cross Cemetary of Reseda.

Follow Up:

"Four Juveniles Arrested in Beating Death"

Police announced the arrest of five youths in the beating death of 16-year-old Daniel LaRusso Halloween Night. Johnathan Lawrence, 17, of Encino and four other minors are charged in the attack. After interviewing several witnesses, police say this was not the first time LaRusso had encountered the five toughs. According to statements given, the first incident occured this past summer on a Reseda beach, where LaRusso was partying with friends. Lead suspect Johnathan Lawrence showed up on motorcycle and started fighting with an ex-girlfriend. LaRusso tried to make peace, but was beaten up, friends say. Then last week at a school dance on Halloween, LaRusso was seen being chased out of the schools auditorium and toward his apartment complex. Police backtracked and pieced together that LaRusso had put a hose over a bathroom stall where John Lawrence had been seen. It's theorized that LaRusso was pulling a prank in retribution for the summer altercation. He was then chased to within yards of his home by Lawrence and four others where he was repeatedly kicked and punched by the boys, all karate students. The final blow was a kick to the chest of LaRusso which caused severe damage to his heart and lung failure. Police are also interviewing John Kreese, who runs a karate dojo in downtown Reseda, about improper business practices where the five suspects are trained. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for November 17th for Lawrence and the four boys. If later convicted of manslaughter, they could face between 10 to 25 years in prison.

Well, there ya have it [Smile] .

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What started out as a Joke,it turned out to be a disaster!! (line from Rocky4)
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neighbours said that an old Japanese ( apparently from Okinawa) who used to work in the building ,tried to scare desperately the four guys holding a stick, but apparently he has hitten too.Fortunately he could escape in a bike ,as a girl informs

Now he is in Reseda New Hospital having only a couple of broken bones.

Reseda police informs that the bike belonged to Larusso, it will be returned to the mothers victim, together with some other personal objects.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, its creative. I'll give you that. But I don't much care for it myself. But very creative.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will also agree that it is creative. I also feel it is authentic, and well researched, especially the part about the sentence for manslaughter. My only nitpicks are 1) This is obviously written from the perspective of a moviegoer more than the police, I think too many details are ascertained that the cops wouldn't be able to come up with so fast. An example of this is the prank was "in retribution for the summer altercation". 2)The apartment complex is called "South Seas", not "South Spas", even though it really looks like "spas" upon first glance at the lettering on the front of the building. I made that mistake too when I first saw the movie. Otherwise it's an interesting look at an alternative KK plot twist, albeit a morid one, LOL. Very good though. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home