iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Karate Kid training exercises

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karate Kid training exercises
Samuel
Rewind Curious
Member # 2725

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Samuel   Email Samuel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greetings all Karate Kid fans

what do u think about training exercises used in KK1 and KK2?
im talking about crane style and other stuffs and what do u think about painting house and fence etc? [Karate Kid]

Posts: 2 | From: Estonia | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what you mean, but I thought the usage of the "unorthodox" methods of teaching, in the films was brilliant. Obviously, it has made an immense impact on popular culture, especially "wax on-wax off". Also, I think it makes Martial Arts seem more "accessible" to everyday people who might not consider it, or people who might be intimidated. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel
Rewind Curious
Member # 2725

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Samuel   Email Samuel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so u think "wax on wax off" would actually work?
what do u know about crane style? [Karate Kid]

Posts: 2 | From: Estonia | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Widya LaRusso
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2435

- posted      Profile for Widya LaRusso   Email Widya LaRusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my opinion "wax on wax off" would actually work. it trains our muscles to get used to those kind of moves, it would work.
about crane,...it's not an actual karate move afterall so i dont really think it would work in real life. especially if you're dealing with someone like Chozen. But Crane is really good for balance training. [Karate Kid]

Posts: 18 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitarviper2000
Rewind Curious
Member # 2769

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for guitarviper2000   Email guitarviper2000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the stuff in the film wouldn't help period!
You all seem to be forgetting that it is just a film and alot of the "Fake" karate moves on their was based on Ti chi. Karate kid was good, but not that good! I suggest you people get out of that darkened room, meet real people and stop watching KK films with your hands on D#@ks.

Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, GuitarViper2000,

It's worth bearing in mind that people here post on this board because they lke this movie - and so you're going to have a tough time convincing them that it's no good! It's a part of their 'real world', just as other things are to you.

Whilst your opinion counts as much as anyones, you might want to consider the forum you are writing on (all ages and genders post here) and be prepared to word your posts accordingly.

Regards
- Paul (Board Administrator) [Wink]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home