iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Major KK DVD discovery!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Major KK DVD discovery!!!!
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came a across a french site called Commeaucinema today. It shows a DVD box set of the first 3 KK films in a red slipcover. Apparently they have deleted scenes, and stuff because there is an amazing pic of Daniel, and Miyagi with a "training machine" from KK3. This is in the "Galerie Photos" section. It has a KK minisite but it's all in French. Still, you canfigure out where to go. Each page plays part of a KK song, on the menus page, the "Cobras Ride" song plays (from the beach scene)! Go here, and post your thoughts, on this bizarre, and awesome finding ... http://www.commeaucinema.com/sitesphp.php3?site=3237 there's even 2 wallpapers under the "fonds decran" link. [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOA!! I never knew ANYTHING about this!! Good lookin, man!!

-

an amazing picture .. i'd love to know why this scene was missing out - although, by the looks of that "machine" [lol] it may be that it was too "out of the ordinary" perhaps? or not in line with the rest of the movie. I'd love to see the scene though.. I always wondered how Daniel had "improved" in Karate, when all it seems that Miyagi ever taught him was kata.

The trilogy cover in the red looks really nice too.. lot nicer than mine. I know its only a sleeve, lol - but I'd prefer that one

-

they make great use of the bandana design in the website too.. looks like its been made by a fan actually

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is a better pic [Smile]

-

you could prolly actually buy this version if you had a multi-region DVD player [that plays PAL] and you could just watch it in English

Buy from Amazon France

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the pic, I was hoping you would!! Isn't it awesome? I wanna know why the hell the French have had this since 2001, and we are still hoping for a "20th anniv. re-release"! This is an American movie!!! it should be released in at least predominantly English speaking countries first! (not to take anything away from other countries). Anyhoo, I thought about trying to get a multi-region DVD player, but it just irks me that it isn't readily available here, and that I would have to resort to those means to see this stuff. BTW, I agree that the website is awesome! the pic makes me wonder what else we haven't seen. i freaked out when I saw it!! [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just looking at the picture of the trilogy gives me chills! I'm so excited for it to be released in the U.S. I can hardly wait!!!
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this version dus look far better then the trilogy box set i hav. wow. its makin me wonder if i shud just go to france for a day trip just to go grab a copy! lol

*_*

Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often times foreign rights are sold to other studios, which is why films pop up in other countries first. Like the UK rights to Friday the 13th were sold to Warner Bros. They figured Paramount is draggin' their "arse" on an SE of F13 part 1, and just went ahead and did one themselves.

Now this French company obviously owns the foreign rights in France and figures let's go for it and make some money. They have access to stills, prints, behind the scenes stuff, so they could very well release a real tricked out SE of the trilogy.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larusso's Legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2868

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Larusso's Legend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That site is awsome! i too cant believe that the frence got that first. obviously i love my dvd box set, i just wish i could see some extras and deleted scenes and stuff.

Ah well hopefully we will get something similar for the 20th anniversary (if one appears). it does seem odd that france got their version in 2001 though.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Koeago   Email Koeago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just ordered the french DVD set from Amazon.fr. To be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up about this boxset's brilliance. Judging by that mini site, it is a very average package indeed. The bonus DVD just has the likes of trailers, biographies and a crappy DVD-Rom thing.

Plus, I hate to rain on your parades guys and gals, but that cool pic above appears to be nothing more than a picture taken from the DVD's photo gallery. Not the movie itself. Bummer, huh? I HATE when companies do that $hit.

Anyway, I'm glad I bought it anyway as I haven't got any of the KK's on DVD yet. Besides, who could resist that a$$-kickin red cover!

I'll keep yiz all posted on what it's like when I get it.

Later.

Posts: 34 | From: Dublin,Ireland | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Koeago   Email Koeago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well folks, got the boxset yesterday.
Good news: It has a cool red slip case.
Bad news: All it has is a cool red slip case.

The discs are a loada crap. No animated menus. No deleted scenes. No nothin.
All it has is trailers for KKI & II (but not for III for some reason), a crap 5 minute documentry on KKII and filmographies (I really hate when they include filmographies).

The quality of the movies themselves are pretty good tho. Nice clear pictures, all in widescreen.

So, don't worry. You aren't missing anything over there in the states. This boxset sucks eggs.

Posts: 34 | From: Dublin,Ireland | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Koeago:
Well folks, got the boxset yesterday.
Good news: It has a cool red slip case.
Bad news: All it has is a cool red slip case.

lmao, sounds like the version I have.... with a red slip case

btw, I just posted links to the KKIII trailer [Big Grin]

Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
It's too bad that this box set turned out to be so heinous after all the hype established by that website. But perhaps it's better that there isn't a "great, and wonderful" set available only in France. I guess it's good to know that we are all on the same footing still. Which still begs the question... "When the hell is Columbia/Sony gonna release a real deal set, or a 20th anniversary edition for that matter!?!?!? What is going on here? I see all these other movies getting new releases, or special DVD's all the time, and where is KK? I'm getting a little impatient, especially since there's been NO word on the subject, other than "the plans are in place to do it." I've had enough of that B.S. I want a release date or package art, or something concrete. AHHHH!!! [Mad] Sorry, I'm just passionate about it I guess. I'll be e-mailing them to get on the ball [Wink] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home