iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » WHAT DID YOU THINK?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviusly, I have loved KK since I was a kid (specifically 5 or 6 years old). So naturally, I used to view the films in a different way. For example, I used to think Mr. Miyagi was saying "Damn-you Son", instead of "Daniel-San". I also used to think "All Valley under 18 Karate Tournament" was "All Valley Under Ranking Karate Tournament". Also, KK , and KK2 were the first films that I realized I needed to see a few times to fully "get" everything. To this day, I have to see a movie at least twice to catch every little story point. I leave it at that for now. What did you think when YOU first saw it? Maybe I'm the only idiot who experienced this. Just let me know will ya?
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, there's still some things that confuse me... I remember the scene in the canteen. Daniel says "here, have some pie, i made it myself" - took me years to figure out what he actually said. And when Ali asks him his name, i was sure he said "Daniel..... Werzenell" lmao

one thing that still bothers me now a bit, is when Daniel & Ali have been playin soccer and they arrange the New Oakes Country club thing.. Daniel says.. u hear this weird voice that says "Hi Ali" and I don't know where it comes from.. goes somethin like..

"I'm just hearin that little voice again"
-"oh yeah? pretend you're deaf. New Oakes country club, 9:30"
--"Hi Ali"
*Hi Ali*
"I gotta be nuts"

do u know the scene?? am i weird, or is that scene weird? lolol

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dude,
I am SO glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had some trouble understanding the dialogue, and such. I can totally see the "Werzenell" thing. I think the weird "Hi Ali" is coming from Ali herself. Johnny runs by in the background, and says "Hi Ali" real quick. So she sarcastically, in a weird, and mocking voice, says "hi Ali" back to him. Here's another doozy of mine. For years, I thought Kreese was telling Johnny to "Sweet the lick" at the tournament instead of "Sweep the Leg". Also, during the scene where Mr. Miyagi tells Daniel "To make honey, young bee need young flower, not old prune". Daniel says he would go to the dance if he could be "the Invisible Man"..."You know, so no one would see me". I thought he said "You know, it's an old Mussimi" I remember thinking "what the hell is a Mussimi", then I thought maybe he said "Monster movie" really fast, I just had no clue until I saw the subtitles on the dvd. LOL

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claude Willis:
Daniel says he would go to the dance if he could be "the Invisible Man"..."You know, so no one would see me". I thought he said "You know, it's an old Mussimi" I remember thinking "what the hell is a Mussimi"

rofl!!!!

Me too!! I was confused with that too.. i thought he said "yeah, you know.. its an old series" - like he was tryna tell Miyagi it was an old tv show /series.. lolol

there's a scene in the final few battles [i can't remember where.. think its in Johnny's semi-final] and I'm sure I hear someone shout "whats wrong with germaine"

and what the hell does Lucille scream when her and Daniel are pushin the car away from Ali's house.. "OK larusso.. oh high hanyu husky.. OK POP IT" or somethin, rofl

I'll post some more when I think of em

-Ian

Claude, e-mail me ib9@1-nil.com

I'll post up some more when I think of em

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home