iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » WHY IS KK SO SPECIAL?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHY IS KK SO SPECIAL?
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes The Karate Kid series special to you. Is it the authentic locations, the great casting, Bill Conti's score, James Crabe's cinematography (parts 1 & 2), John Avildsen's directing style, or is it simply "the planets lining up", and all of the above elements coming together? What are your thoughts?
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2561

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Terry   Email Terry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the cobra kai crew on the their bikes that so cool man and Terry Silver in kk3 is cool and dead sly.

"did u come here to teach or to be taught"

Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well theres a few things that make it appealing and memorable.

1)Music: The music was just great in this film. When the cobra kai 1st appears at the beach, the song the ride by the matches, rad song for the scene,too bad I cant find that song anywhere. Your the best around was a great one for the tourney. I also liked young hearts, when he went to go see ali at the arcade when he got his car. Or the intense backround music before the final point with johnny as kreese yells "Finish Him!!"

2)quotes: The best quotes come from Kreese and miyagi. Like the ones Kreese uses in his dojo, and miyagi with all his lessons. A very big part of the movie.

3)Cobra Kai: Well this could of been considered as one of those movies where theres a new wimpy kid on town. and he starts training and prooves himself. But how they brought The Cobra kai's into play is what made it soo good. There just the coolest bad guys ever. Not to mention the gi's andmotor bike jackets kickes a$$.

[Karate Kid] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is special to me because of the lesson it teaches and the spirit in which it portrays the martial arts. I also love the actors. And yes,the music is great!!
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home