iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Gets me everytime!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gets me everytime!!
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In most movies there is always that specific part when that makes you get goosebumps or makes your spine tingle, no matter how many times you see it. this is what gets me every time...

Daniel gets up after johnny grabbed his leg and elbowed the side of his knee...

Tommy starts Giggling and hollering " Ya Johnny, you did it!!" "put him in a body bad" followed by an evil giggle...

Tommy yells out "Come on Johnny! finish him!"

as the tempo of the music speeds up..

Daniel gets into the crane technique position with an intense look in his face. almost quivvering.

John kreese yells out "FINISH HIM!"

by now I got goosebumps all over..

Then Daniel lands the kick to Johnny's face.

then that sudden change in the music...

immediatly I get tingling down my spine.

Then perfect end when Johnny gives Daniel the trophy and says "your alright Larusso, good match"

I just want to know if anyone else gets this feeling at this part of the movie, or in another movie perhaps?? or a different part??

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie_Pierce
Rewinder
Member # 2552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Julie_Pierce   Author's Homepage   Email Julie_Pierce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep lol

I do too,You really have NO idea at all how happy i am to actually have other people feel and think the same lol.

Im not a freak after all [Smile]

Posts: 32 | From: U.K | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got goose bumps reading about it. That's bad. lol
Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOD! thats what I was going for. [Smile] [Karate Kid]
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimann6293@aol.com
Rewind Curious
Member # 2559

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kimann6293@aol.com   Email kimann6293@aol.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, me, too. No matter how many times i see it there is always that doubt...can he win? And he does and it's just great. It's moving, you know, when the underdog can triumph.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
ya always intense, never boring no matter how many times ya see it
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is why that scene is my favorite ending of all time. My all time fave Back to the Future had kind of a up in the air, ah come on ending. KK, totally dramatic, emotional payoff 2 hours in the making, beautiful music, grabs you thinking of how far this kid came. Only gripe is that not even the bootleg soundtrack has the music to that scene. But the part II end music is very similar.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
Ya thats one thing I have to hand to all the karate kid movies, excluding the next karate kid. I dont count that movie as part of them anyway. But the original trilogy all have intense endings, none match up to part 1 though.

Wow would it be amazing to witness that film in a thatre...

kreese: "sweep the leg" "you got a problem with that?!"
johnny: "no sensei"
kreese: "no mercy"

Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey "kickboxer"
I feel exactly the same way, and I too, got goosebumps simply from reading what you wrote. ha ha kind of embarrassing. But even though I 've seen it countless times, it's awesome, and it works everytime! That is definitely the best of ending of the series, and I DO still consider Next KK part of the series. I too would love to see that in the theatre!! Although, I imagine I'd get goosebumps far more frequently if I were to see it in a good theatre. Especially when the movie opens with that horn slowly fading up, as the screen says "Newark, New Jersey". I also think it'd happen during the "solo training" montage with the great score in huge surround sound, and the fantastic cinematography by the late James Crabe. To see all that in a theatre, would be AMAZING!! Great topic by the way! [Karate Kid]

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
thanks dude, by the way your little speech about how it would be in the theatre, even the thought gave me goosebumps lol.. Well it would definetly be a dream come true if some how they brought it back.

kreese:"Mr.Lawrance"
johnny:"yes sensei!"
kreese:"warm them up"

Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah..haha..oh man i dunno how many times i saw that ending...i dont think i can count that high [Confused]
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, all of that gave me goosebumps. And the part about the horn blowing and it saying Newark, New Jersey, makes you want to go back to the 80's to see it premiere in the theatre. I would love to see it in the theatre. That would be awesome. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home