iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » IS THIS A GOOF OR WHAT?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IS THIS A GOOF OR WHAT?
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upon watching KK for the "hundred and somethingth" time...I was reminded of something I've always wondered about. In the semi-final match between Johnny, and Darryl Vidal, Johnny scores his first point without actually making any contact. Vidal throws a kick, Johnny catches it, and take Vidal's leg out from under him, then punches the air. Vidal reacts as if being hit in the face, but Johnny's punch clearly fell way short of the mark. So is this a bad angle, or an oversight of some type? I'm guessing the former, but who knows...I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this. [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]

Also...there is a discrepancy on Johnny's next point. Vidal performs a "spinning jump kick", and Johnny literally "grounds" him by throwing what is clearly a kick to the face (which I must say is some stunt because Vidal reacts as if really kicked in the face hard). However, when Vidal is next shown doubled over, and appears to be clutching his stomach in pain. I thought that was strange.

One more point...Not a goof, but funny, after the announcer says "The next semi-final will determine who will face the defending champion...will Daniel Larusso...?" As Ali claps, and stands to rub Daniel's shoulders, you can see her friend Susan on the bleachers behind ALi, and Lucille make a "less than enthused" face, and clap very half-heartedly, obviously she still doesn't think very much of Daniel. I just thought that was a neat bit of business there that some people may not have noticed.

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Johnny punching mid air, I thought the point was already awarded from the take down. That punch almost seemed like a celebration.
he was like : "eyaa eyaaa heeeyaaaaa"!!

Ill keep an eye out next time for lucille not showin enthusiasm.

Ya I guess the only excuse for vidal is... he was there cuz of his martial arts skill.... ha he wasnt there for acting talent lol...

"you alright vidal?" "im ok" in weirdest voice ever....

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that Suzi was clapping half heartedly and giving both Ali and Daniel strange looks. That girl had a major attitude problem.
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny that you bring the in-air punch. I never thought of it as a goof, but maybe it is. I don't know the rules, but I always assumed that Johnny was going easy on him because it was an easy point. But then again, "mercy is for the weak." So, it must be a goof.

That one is hiding in plain sight.

Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...I just wanna clarify the third point I made cuz I typed it weird. I was talking about SUSAN not Lucille. I meant you could see SUSAN behind Ali, and Lucille, and it was SUSAN who was clapping "half-heartedly". Thanks alot to those of you who replied, please keep 'em comin'. I also noticed that when they arrive at the South Seas Apts, after Lucille says "Open your eyes my darling son, this is the garden of Eden", you can see a dark figure walking behind the gate, this person "disappears" after she walks through it. Could this be a crew member? Or a real resident of the Apts.? Or maybe even Israel Juarbe (Freddy) geting in place for his scene when Daniel hits him with the door? I wonder. Although I doubt it's Freddy because the "figure" appears to be wearing a baseball cap.
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2561

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Terry   Email Terry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what? u watch the film too much!
Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home