iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Fave scene from KK1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fave scene from KK1
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that we've done a post on our favorite scenes from the trilogy before,but I was just wondering what your favorite scene from the first one would be. Mine is when daniel and Ali were at Golf and stuff-and the krane kick one of course.
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the scene just after Miyagi is drunk and Daniel is on the stump and on the boat over the lake..

its one of my favourtie scene in ANY movie. When he tries practicing the "crane" it just reminds me of when I was a kid.. standing on anythin i could find and trying to do it myself, haha

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my 2 cents...One of MY fave scenes is when Daniel is riding to school with Bananarama's "Cruel Summer" playing over it. I think that is one of the coolest scenes in ANY movie period! (I stupidly left "Cruel Summer" off my choices for fave KK songs in that post)Actually, my favorite besides the obvious, climactic "Crane Kick" scene, is the one when Mr. Miyagi helps Daniel first realize that he HAS learned some Karate, then they just bow, and Miyagi simply says "Come back tommorrow". That was a brilliant, and unforgettable scene...FANTASTIC!
Good question!! [Karate Kid]

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beach scene from when the cobra Kai's arrive on there bikes till dan gets his butt kicked. And The whole time "your the best around" is playing at the tourney.
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the beach scene too. It is the defining moment for the Cobra Cai. IN that scene,you find out that Tommy is a total airhead,Bobby is more laid back and has a tendency to let things go,but will do Johnny's bidding. You find that Johnny is somewhere in between but has a very big jealous side and a temper. You also realize that Johnny is the ring leader-while Dutch is almost as big a bully. Very important scene indeed. [Razz]
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimann6293@aol.com
Rewind Curious
Member # 2559

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kimann6293@aol.com   Email kimann6293@aol.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite is scene is when his mother demands he take off the sunglasses...and when he throws away his bike (Oh, the angst in that scene!)...and at the dance when he runs by Ali and she says, "Daniel, what's the matter?" And he says, "It's coming around,"
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarateChick
Rewind Curious
Member # 2545

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for KarateChick   Email KarateChick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the beach scene too, its so nice and it makes me wanna do that to, plus the music in the background is good for concentration. [Smile]
Posts: 7 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2561

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Terry   Email Terry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beach scene with the bikes.
Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home