iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » ANOTHER REQUEST FOR BROWN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANOTHER REQUEST FOR BROWN
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY IAN,
I SAW YOUR EARLIER POST ABOUT WHAT SCORE MUSIC YOU HAVE, AND, I LISTENED TO THE TRAINING, AND GLORY OF LOVE THAT YOU POSTED, SO I KNOW YOU HAVE SOME GOOD QUALITY STUFF. I BELIEVE YOU SAID YOU HAD THE "POP" SOUNDTRACKS TOO. MY QUESTION IS...IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD BURN ME A CD (OR HOWEVER MANY CD'S IT WOULD TAKE) OF EVERYTHING (POP, AND SCORE) THAT YOU HAVE, AND SEND IT TO ME, HERE IN THE U.S.? I WOULD GLADLY PAY SHIPPING, OR WHATEVER YOU WANTED. I WOULD ALSO BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL! IT'S ALMOST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THAT SOMEONE HAS ALL THIS GREAT MUSIC. PLEASE TELL ME WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT.

-CLAUDE

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY IAN...YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT...LOL [Wink] MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME, I NEED A GOOD PIC OF RON THOMAS FROM KK1, AND ANY OTHER COBRAS. ALSO OF CHOZEN FROM KK2, AND DO YOU KNOW OF ANY PICS OF THE ACTOR WHO PLAYED HIM (YUJI OKUMOTO) NOW? ALSO, COULD YOU GET MAYBE A PIC OF LUCILLE FROM KK1? I NEED HELP DUDE. I GUESS I NEED PICS OF ANY AND ALL OF THE INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS FROM THE ALL THE MOVIES BUT THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A TALL ORDER. YOU JUST SEE LIKE THE BEST PERSON TO TURN TO FOR THIS.
WELL THANKS, DUDE [Karate Kid]

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm running out of web space at the moment to store everything too, so I'll deal with this as soon as I sign up somewhere for a new account

-Ian

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justinhoward001
Rewind Curious
Member # 2512

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Justinhoward001   Author's Homepage   Email Justinhoward001   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Brown

Just to contribute to the allready extensive fanclub of yours, both cuts on your website were absolutely great, just fantastic, the quality was amazing. I was wondering whether you could up load the Carly Simon song "Two Looking At One" from KKII ive got it but its one of those where if you dont have it you probably haven't heard it.

I think it would be a real treat for all KK fans.

I had a couple of questions for you. They're a bit wishy-washy but here goes. I got my scores for the first two films through the post yesterday. I was wondering whether we have the same versions. Because, to the best of my knowledge, and i may have to watch the first 2 films again before verifying this, my scores are slightly different to te what I recollect from the films. For eg the scene in KKII when Kumiko gives Daniel the rice the horn comes in about 6-7 seconds late. Also the version I have for KKI doesn't have the music for the end scene (in particular, when Daniel performs the crane). I got mine off ebay.

Posts: 7 | From: London, England, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have that Carly Simon song from KKII [Frown] I don't have many of the 'pop' tracks at all actually..

man, how much did you pay for the scores off ebay? hope note too much ?! [Eek!]

My KKI score has 13 songs.
My KKII score has 24 tracks + 2 bonus tracks [love theme from the KKII & love theme from the KKIII]

There are many significant songs missing from the original KK score. check this.....
taken from the music section of fast-rewind.com/kkid/
quote:
It has been brought to our attention that it is missing several important cues from the movie including: "Daniel Watches Ali From Afar" (heard as everyone in school prepares for Halloween), "Miyagi Observes Bike Aftermath" (heard when Miyagi peeks out of his workroom following Daniel's outburst about buses and bikes), "Daniel's Repaired Bike" As Daniel notices his shiny fixed bike, "End of Date" (heard when Daniel and Ali get into Mrs. LaRusso's guzzler after the first date), and most disappointingly there seems to be NO music from the tournament sequence.
-Ian
Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justinhoward001
Rewind Curious
Member # 2512

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Justinhoward001   Author's Homepage   Email Justinhoward001   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think the pop cds are upto much to be honest. Most of the songs are literally unlistenable i cant imagine anyone who would willingly derive pleasure from most of the tracks.
That Carly simon track really is something though because it encompasses the ethos and legacy of the trilogy (in my opinion).

I got my two scores for around $22, £11 UK side so just under the price for a normal cd. Overall i was really pleased with the KKII score, i didnt think much to buying the KKI score it just came as a double cd for both films. Sounds like we have near enough the same version[s], except I dont have the two bonus tracks on KKII. The "Love theme" you mentioned is also on the KKII OST viynal. I have the same no. of tracks. The scene where Kumiko gives Daniel the rice was still a good inclusion despite my gripe.

catch u later

Posts: 7 | From: London, England, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home