iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Question: Johnny's Car

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question: Johnny's Car
Sweep_The_Leg
Rewind Curious
Member # 2492

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sweep_The_Leg   Email Sweep_The_Leg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sort of an inane question. In Karate Kid I at the end of Daniel's date with Ali at Golf n Stuff, Johnny drives up in this freaky roadster. Does anybody know what kind of car that was?
Posts: 1 | From: TX | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, you have an answer, Hey, it's better late than never!! LOL Johnny's car is a prototype Avanti Convertible. Here is a piece of an article posted on the Avanti Website..."This 1984 film about a triumphant underdog facing a seemingly hopeless situation is an unlikely place to spot an Avanti. The car used in the film was the red convertible that Richard Straman made for Stephen Blake in 1984 (serial number RQB3370). Director John G. Avildsen had the (folded) top mashed down for the film because he felt it looked "too bulky."...go to http://www.theavanti.com/KarateKid.html for the rest of the article. Hope it helps.
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home