iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » karate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: karate
strange
Rewind Curious
Member # 2206

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for strange   Email strange   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone do karate or has had inspiration from the film to do so?
what are your favorite part of karate kid 1? [Confused]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hayabusa
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1911

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hayabusa   Email hayabusa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Started Karate Because of the karate kid movie & Bruce lee's quote & movies:)

so let say i was influence by KKID 1 2 3:P let's not count the 4 causei enver dared of seeing it:)

Posts: 13 | From: Montreal canada | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely the best kk1 part is the "You´re the best tournamente"
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I liked the movie so much as a kid that my parent bought me a karate jacket and my mom painted the Bonzai tree logo on the back but I never took karate. I was a a dancer and it conflicted too much with how you had to point your toes!! LOL [Razz]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhutch
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1352

- posted      Profile for Jhutch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had dinner with a friend over the Christmas holidays, and we started talking about Karate Kid. She said that she liked the movie a lot as a kid. In elementary school, she'd frequently wrap her wrist or elbow in Ace bandages, and tell her classmates that she was injured from a karate tournament (of course a total lie, she never took karate). I thought that was so funny.
Posts: 82 | From: Southern USA | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the movies as a kid and I still do.I am about to begin karate lessons and it has alot to do with "The Karate Kid".I also just love the sport.
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Widya LaRusso
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2435

- posted      Profile for Widya LaRusso   Email Widya LaRusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i took a traditional martial art lesson (not karate) in elementary school JUST because i watched Karate Kid Part I and II. I never thought i would like it so much. i continue it until i finished junior high. at high school i joined karate class and i was one of the student who was able to get to kyu 7 in a half [Confused] year(was that good enough?) [Confused]
But i enjoyed my class coz everytime i practiced(every Monday evening), there's always a music played by a band near my practice spot. I totally felt like i was in some kind of movie, felt like i was the karate kid! [Karate Kid]
now im in college, and i've tried to do some kung-fu but it wasnt as exciting as karate. [Wink]

Posts: 18 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home