iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » 20th Anniversary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 20th Anniversary
Summer
Rewind Curious
Member # 1371

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Summer   Email Summer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next year would be the 20th anniversary of the release of Karate Kid, I can't believe it's been that long already, but I wonder what Columbia pictures would do to celebrate it. I think they should release it again in the cinema, because I was only 3yrs old when it was released & I would love to watch it on the big screen. Also all the people who helped create the movie & all the actors should have a reunion. Like they did with the anniversary of Grease. I think it would be cool & I would love to be there.
Posts: 5 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becks
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1306

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for becks   Email becks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi there summer,
i know i cant believe its nearly 20 yrs since kk was first released , id love them to do a reunion or something. i wonder what they all look like now , i was only 2 when it came out.
my faves are bobby and dutch. whos ure faves ??

becks

Posts: 30 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they need to have a Karate Kid convention with all the stars from the first. I'd be there for sure.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summer
Rewind Curious
Member # 1371

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Summer   Email Summer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be at that convention also. It would be great to see what all the cast look like now. My fave is Johnny. Although I am starting to warm to Bobby, he's really sweet. Dutch was cool, I would love to have a friend like him, he was funny. I guess you could say that I'm a Cobra Kai fan. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 5 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im a big cobra kai fan 2...does anyone remember venice? she used to post here...she was very anti-cobra kai, i miss her comments.

a 20th anniversary release would be very cool

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh Venice, anti Cobra Kai, pro Lucille LaRusso. You would think she was Mrs. LaRusso by reading some of her comments. It would be nice to have her back though. She made things interesting.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was talk of a Back to the Future convention years ago (FutureFest I believe) but it never came about. But a KK Fest would be great, and not in a mean way but none of them are busy.

The closest kind of thing we get is those sci-fi/horror conventions. Several 80s ppl show up for those, but I've never heard of any kind of drama/martial arts film convention. Get all the KK and American Ninja ppl together, LOL.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I remember last summer I posted something about having an 80s movie convention. Allot of people were interested but it seems almost impossible to set something like that up. It would be so much if we could pull it off!
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a cinema release would be so awesome..
Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blondie135
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 76

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blondie135   Email Blondie135   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi summer,

Oh yeah! I would love for KK to have a convention or a reunion or anniversary too. And I would also love to see KK on big screen again like the way it was made 20 years ago. It's unbelievable to me too that it has already 20 years pasted since the kk movies have been made.

I would hope that someone could get a convention started. Because, if then can I will be there to see all of the cast and the people would made this movie. I would love to see what they all look like now too. Oh, from what I've heard on the looks of Johnny these days is that he has aged, and put on some weight but don't know how much though. But he is still the sexiest.

Oh, and about Bobby I don't know how he looks today. And Mr. Miyagi still look the same, and Danielsan has seen to age a little, and he looks like he has put on some weight a little too.

Posts: 15 | From: Decatur,Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home