iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » William Zabka (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: William Zabka
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find William Zabka to be incredibly handsome. He has every physical attribute I love...both from the Karate Kid when he was younger to now. He is an excellent actor as well. I was 9 1/2 years old when I saw KK in the movies, and I thought the same thing about him then! Dayum, I would drink his bathwater! Well, I'm 28 and if he's still single, I'm ready! lol!
Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Celticbabe I would be interested to know what it is you like so much about William Zabka. Is it because he is such a bad boy? Is it the floppy blonde fringe?

In KK1 he is very skinny but in the straight to video classic Shootfighter it looks like he has been munching steriods because he has beefed up his weedy KK1 frame.

You may be interested to know that some people have compared me favourably to Mr Zabka. Perhaps we should hook, you could even drink some of my bath water.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL@Slater! I always thought Bobby was the goodlooking one. :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slater,
I admit I *do* have a thing for the "bad boy"... In the movie, I could just picture myself back in high school and he would have been "the one" who was my boyfriend...the leader, the tall blonde. In the movie, it drives me crazy how Ali rejects Johnny...! I just shake my head and say "what is she, crazy?" I thought they looked good together. lol BUT I know the movie is fiction so....as for blondes, oooh yes I have a major thing for fair haired men! They are definitely my preference. Always have been.
He has an excellent smile also, nice facial features...and that hair!
Yeah, he was a little on the skinny side, take for instance when Johnny and Dutch are standing on the soccer field topless. Any skinnier and you could count his ribs- but it didn't look bad on him though. He appeared athletic as opposed to scrawny.
He's a real cutie, hell.. I have the KK dvd and watch it just to drool over him..hahaha.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That's quite a torch you're carrying Celticbabe but I think I can understand why.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
Slater,
Thanks babe.

Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
johnny wasnt alot larger in shootfighter..and he looks far from a steroid freak, getting more muscular can be done in many other ways, now daniel..he was skin and bones in kk1, johnny had "some" meat on him
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
Knock out boy,
Johnny from KK1 had the kind of body that I like..he was athletic as I previously said, that's fine. Hard work will get you that way every time :)

I agree with you about Daniel- the scene where he is taking his bike off the roof rack of his mother's car, you can really see how tiny his arms were.
Did anyone notice how dark Daniel was in the beginning of KK1 and he seemed to get lighter as the movie went on? Freaky..lol.

Blondie175
Rewind Curious
Member # 77

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blondie175   Email Blondie175   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celticbabe, I totally agree with you on that one! I've always thought that William Zabka was a hot blonde guy back in KK1. I mean, I would just play my VHS video over and over to just drewl all over him.....ahhhhhhhh

I love blonde-headed guys too. But I also have to agree with Ali_with_an_i on her posting of....."Bobby also being on the most good-looking ones too! I LOVE both Bobby and Johnny. They were the cuties, and probably still is 20 years later! Yeah, I also love those bad tough boys like him too. Hey, do you know where I can get some of the latest information on those 2? Or, on William Zabka? If so, could you please give me his website address? Thanks. And what is Bobby's real life name?

Posts: 10 | From: Decatur, Georgia, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blondie175
Rewind Curious
Member # 77

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blondie175   Email Blondie175   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also agree with celticbabe that..why did Ali dumped Johnny? I also say the same....I just shake my head and say..."How could she?" "Is she crazy?" Yes, they make a cute couple together.

Posts: 10 | From: Decatur, Georgia, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blondi175,
I also thought Bobby was a major hotty in KK1...he was, by far, my favorite character! But anyways...his real name is Ron Thomas.

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blondie175
Rewind Curious
Member # 77

Rate Member
Ok, Thanks SHEGOTGAME. BTW, What is your favorite scene in both KK1 and KK2 movies? My favorite scenes in KK1 are at the beginning of the movie when Daniel goes off to school for his first day on his bike, and their also playing my favorite song "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama. Oooh, I love that song! Plus, they play it again during the soccer and cheerleading tryouts, and also when Bobby and Daniel were fighting during the soccer tryouts.

And also my favorite scenes in KK2 was when Mr. Miyagi and Daniel was sitting on the rocks in Okinawa after his dad died, and Daniel was telling Mr. Miyagi about what happened when his father died. That was sad and very touching. Another scene I loved too was when Daniel and Kunko raced up to the castle,andf running by the rocks, that is sooooooo romoantic! And at that scene they were also playing my all time favorite 80's song..."THE GLORY OF LOVE" by Peter Cetara I love tha song!" And then of course the end was my favorite too, and while they were playing the credits they also played the whole song of, "THE GLORY OF LOVE."

I'd say the best Karate Kid movies I thought was the best was KK1, and KK2, and The Next Karate Kid. Well, KK3 was okay but it wasn't as good as the first and second parts.

darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT,how can you say the next karate kid is ok but 3 is no good ?????????,i think 3 is much better than 2 and ALOT better than next
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
Blondie175,
Nice to know I'm not the only girl with warm fuzzies for someone from an 80's movie- William Zabka is beyond gorgeous to me and apparently he is a real nice guy in person too. I even like his voice- in the movie he plays the bad ass, but yet his voice is so soft spoken. That drives me WILD.
Bobby isn't bad looking either- he really knows how to put a man out of commission...lol.

My favorite part of KK1 is toward the end at the tournament when the guys come in when Daniel is getting dressed and Dutch says "Look who we have here- our little friend Danielle.." "What's the matter, mommy not here to dress you?"
Chad McQueen did that scene SO convincingly, it's one of my favorites.
I also like the scene where Daniel goes to "the Hills" to pick up Ali in his mother's puke green bucket o' bolts. The look on Ali's father's face when Daniel said "Reseda" was classic.

Ah- forget about Ali, Johnny would have looked good with a blue-eyed redhead....like me! :)

celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
I definitely like KK1 the best- I feel that part 2 gets too far away from the topic- I thought that whole "honor" thing was overkill- I dunno- part 3 was alright- better than 2- but did you notice in 3 how much Daniel was complaining about everything- he seemed so high strung in everything he said. His whole demeanor was different.
As for Next KK- well, once it got away from Daniel- that was it for me.

So, for me it would be Part 1 ****(four stars), Part 3 ***(three stars),Part 2** (two stars)and Next *(one star).

darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im with you there,spot on
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blondi175,
That's one of my favorite parts of the movie too! (When Daniel arrives for his first day of school and "Cruel Summer" is playing). I think Bobby is soo good looking, so I love all the scenes that he is in. When Daniel arrives at school and locks his bike, they show the cobra kai standing around one of their bikes, and Bobby sort of likes his lips in a really cute way! I know that sounds corny, but watch him closely when you watch the movie again. I love that part! And I also like when Bobby and Daniel fight on the soccer field. Any scene where Bobby doesn't have a shirt on is great!!

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey SHEGOTGAME, did Ron ever email you back? I know he did the first time you wrote him. Tell him to send you a recent picture. :)

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Nope...but i sent him another e-mail today about getting a pic from him...so hopefully he'll reply to that e-mail
koego
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 901

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for koego   Email koego   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just go to
www.tvtome.com/servlet/PersonDetail/persnoid-61841
Get ready for a shock!!

Posts: 29 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
koego
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 901

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for koego   Email koego   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.The above is all wrong! Heres the correct link
www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-61841

Posts: 29 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
Koego,
Who are you trying to shock with that link?
His appearance then or now is no big secret.
Unfortunately, all of us have to age sooner or later. It's inevitable.
I hope I look that good when I am in my 30's, with a brilliant smile and all.

koego
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 901

Rate Member
I think you misunderstood my meaning of the word "shock".I was'nt implying that he looked any better or worse.Its just that he looks so different than he did in KK.
But you right in telling me that how his appearance is "no big secret" cuz it seems that most of you already know what he looks like these days.There I was,thinking I had stumbled upon a rare,hard-to-find photo! Sorry about the false hype!:)

Holly
Rewind Curious
Member # 225

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Holly   Email Holly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe it, I thought it was just me that felt Johnny is HOT! I drooled over him in Karate Kid. The handsome face, nice muscles, and those fighting moves are a huge turn on. No girl would pick Danny over him. While Danny won in a tournament, there is no way in a real fight against Johhny or Bobby. And a guy that can care of himself in a fight and protect you is always the one you want.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
Holly,
I totally agree with you regarding Johnny.
He is SUCH a hottie, I think he is PERFECT.
One thing I like about the Johnny character is that no matter how much him & Ali fought, he never raised a hand to her, even when she shoved him a few times. I like that he could be so tough and bad with the guys but gentle with his (ex) girl. I don't know, I really like that.
And you KNOW that if you were his girl, you'd have a boyfriend who could kick just about anyone's ass, so no one would bother you. He would have the ways and means to defend you. That IS a turn-on!

If I went to High School with "Johnny" I'd be in love!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home