iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Who do you think would have won out of... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who do you think would have won out of...
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the "slugger" Ali!

a girl who punches!...what a concept

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyle
Rewind Curious
Member # 312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kyle   Email Kyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Karate Kevin and Knock Out Boy for your insight.

So Karate Kevin - if someone small is fighting a larger person with equal fighting skills and has to take him out before 20 minutes, what can he do to have the biggest impact before time is up?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Karate Forever
Senior Rewinder
Member # 291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Karate Forever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Kyle I would suggest 2 things. First go for the face, especially the nose and eyes. The nose bleeds quite a bit which can be really distracting during a fight and have tremendous physcological impact. Hitting the eyes can put off the other fighters coordination, aim, and timing. Second, as bad as this sounds, go for the balls. I say that emphasizing that your physical safety or life is in danger. I once saw a 5'7" kid make a hit to the balls of a 6'8" thin but muscular basketball player during a street fight. He just stood there groaning and holding himself while the little kid just walked over and punched and kicked him like a punching bag until the giant fell over. And yes, it was over in just under 20 minutes.

Those are my suggestions.

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Karate Forever
Senior Rewinder
Member # 291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Karate Forever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Kyle I would suggest 2 things. First go for the face, especially the nose and eyes. The nose bleeds quite a bit which can be really distracting during a fight and have tremendous physcological impact. Hitting the eyes can put off the other fighters coordination, aim, and timing. Second, as bad as this sounds, go for the balls. I say that emphasizing that your physical safety or life is in danger. I once saw a 5'7" kid make a hit to the balls of a 6'8" thin but muscular basketball player during a street fight. He just stood there groaning and holding himself while the little kid just walked over and punched and kicked him like a punching bag until the giant fell over. And yes, it was over in just under 20 minutes.

Those are my suggestions.

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first look at your advantages and his advantages, if he is bigger then you, most likely he is stronger then you..not always, but either way he has a weight advantage.

then look at your advantages, if you are smaller..there is a good chance you are faster, and "probably" have more endurance..dont assume obviously, just prepare for the worst case senairo.

every person is gonna fight different, so you have to find your advantages through regular training, so they become second nature.

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. I cant give a real good reason, but I would say Johnny.

But to be honest I think Bobby would take either of them.

I know in real life he is the only true black belt, But just watching him in the film, you can tell he has most skill, like that rad leg sweep he did on that guy at beginin of tourney, or that scissor take down. or that jumpin spin kick when that guy was holding his leg.

But still, gota hand it to zabka (johnny) for no martial arts training either from during fliming of movie, he was pretty good.

-Rob-

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2561

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Terry   Email Terry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
johnny because he's more techical and quicker.
Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home